General forum guidelines - PLEASE READ THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Welcome to the torquecars forum. We welcome all ages and sexes and cars and abilities and we patiently help the newbie and can offer comprehensive indepth tips and advice for larger projects like engine conversions. Members can also participate in Polls and vote on the best/worst modifications 8)

To ensure that the forums are an enjoyable place to visit we have the following rules:-

• Registered members who have not posted may be removed at our discretion. Please just post a hello and tell us what car you have - this helps us decide what to cover in the main site. :)
  • Please do not SPAM the forum or needlessly post links promoting other sites or advertising. Members who regularly contribute to the general discussions may post links as long as these are not perceived as competing sites.
  • Only regular posters may have signatures. We prefer text signatures as these do not slow things up and keep the forum looking professional. Pictures in the Signature must be less than 100 pixels high (preferably 90 pixels high). Signatures may not contain links to any commercial sites.
  • All SPAM LINKS are removed (before they appear publicly) so you would be wasting your time and our time. :evil:
  • PLS AVD TXT MSSG 4MAT AS IT GETS EVRY1 i R8!!! :?
  • Please also chick yore speeling carfilly.
  • We have a strict NO SWIMSUIT NUDITY, no bad language policy (This includes substituting &$£!## into swear words) across the site and wish to keep it family friendly. :rolleyes:
  • You are not permitted to post images or content without the permission of the copyright holder. Credit should always be given if you have quoted or include something from another source.
  • No post may condone or promote any illegal or reckless activity.
  • BE NICE, unfriendly remarks, personal hostility and Trolling will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances. If you don't have anything constructive or friendly to add then don't.

All posts and comments become the property of Torquecars and you agree that your comments may be included in the main site without reference, accreditation of the author and may be edited quoted or paraphrased at any time.

Torque Cars chat forums Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed on this page. These were the terms you agreed to when you signed up.

Although the admins and moderators of Torque Cars chat forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Torque Cars chat forums, nor Jelsoft_Enterprises_Ltd. (developers of v.Bulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws including copyright/slander/libel laws.

The owners of Torque Cars chat forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

If you have a complaint about a post or member of this forum please read this thread http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f50/how-complain-about-members-behaviour-13173/

Last edited:
All Newbies Please Read

Hey and may i, and the other moderators and admin, welcome you to torquecars

just a few points that are not in the rules

you need 10 posts before you can upload pics to your posts
and 10 posts before any links, including email can be added.

Please try and stick to these rules as it is a pain for both us and you. If you breach these rules your posts are entered into a moderators queue for someone to verify. so if you do post up a hello or any other thread and it does not show up in the forum please do not re-post it. Al that will have happened is that your post will have been flagged up for some reason. It will be assessed by a moderator or admin normally within 24 hours. if it is okayed it will appear in the forum otherwise take it as deleted

if you want to show off your car you can post directly into the photos gallery. Photos -> upload a photo. and leave a mention that your pics are in the photos page

Also again in the rules it states in the forum rules which you have all agreed to
Please do not SPAM the forum or needlessly post links promoting other sites. Members who regularly contribute to the general discussions may post links and have links in their signatures as long as these are not perceived as competing sites.

All SPAM LINKS are removed (before they appear publicly) so you would be wasting your time and our time. :evil:
So please dont post links to other forums as these will be deleted. Users who continue to needlessly post up links to other forums will receive a ban.

Many thanks

pgarner

Again welcome to the site and happy tuning

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder - please avoid text speak and using swear words. (Spacing the letters out or replacing characters in them still counts as swearing! We are a family friendly site.)

We have also removed some members accounts who have promoted/condoned street racing or street (tramp) drifting after a previous warning!

This gives a bad impression and we do not condone reckless driving.

Last edited:
Hello Wayne & the rest of the woridwide members of Torquecars. I thank you for the warm welcome, I'm David from P.E. South Africa, the car I have
at the moment is a 2.0si ford focus hatchback 2007 model.

Regards
David

HI David,
Great to see another SA enthusiast on this site, maybe you should tell the other members what cars are manufactured in your (friendly and windy) hometown.
Regards,
Pieter.
;)

Hi, Peter
Peter the cars that are manufactured here in P.E. is the
VW, Astra and the engines for the Ford Ranger and Focus,
then these engines are sent to Pretoria S.A that's where
they assemble the cars(Focus & Ford Ranger)

RedBeast, Welcome and enjoy this is great site. Here in Gauteng it is ffreeeezzzzing cold highest temp today was 2 degrees. OK ok you guys in other parts of the world this normal for you since your buildings and clothing are designed for serious cold-spells, in Summer we touch the mid thirties.
Anyway enough weather talk, just enjoy it.
:rolleyes:

Had I known this site was populated by guys from ZA, I might have reconsidered.

(my best friend was born in Petermaritzburg and my niece keeps trying to find permamnent employment in Jo-Bourg)

hey all at torque cars I have a 2000 Honda accord 1.8 and looking to possibly show it this year I read all you rules and think that they are just common sense and common courtesy/manners

Hi every one at tc , thanks for having me and i just bought a 207 gti and after 11 years of track days on a bike and having children i thought of going back to road rallies but cant use a turbo engine in this sport any ideas what i can use as an engine and what mounts can i get for the mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back