gearbox problems?

stellamark

Car
my01 prodrive
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Subaru 01 wrx turbo.
Going over the tops this afternoon, and just kicking it past a sunday afternoon bmw driver, when I was changing up gear, as I was releasing the clutch it seemed that I had not engaged gear and there was the same noise that is made if you let the clutch out before you have got into gear. I pulled over with the engine still running but my foot fully down on the clutch. When I lift my foot the same noise happens but the car didnt move. The gear shift feels like it is stuck in 3rd or 5th but will not move.
Can anybody please help :sad2:
Thanks Mark

well could be a couple of things
1 the release bearing might of come apart wont have any gears the but you will be able to get it out of gear

if not sounds like a gear has gone inside the box is a box out and strip to find out what it is

I cant move the gear shift out of the position it is stuck in. is it start forward to strip out a gearbox. I am a joinery and not a mechanic. Dont mind trying if not to taxing

well it is not to hard never done one on a scooby but i dont mind working on manuel boxes as they are easy

only down side to yours is its 4wd you the transfer box is inside the gearbox on them i think just get a manuel for it it only goes back together one way lol or you take it to the shop in bits and they fix it lol

havent had mine out but check if you can unbolt the subframe and get it out that way, tilting the engine down (if it allows) at the same time to slide it off the shaft.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back