G'day

Fabia17

Torque Junkie
Car
Fabia Monte Carlo
Just like to introduce myself, my name is Kev and I hail from Lincoln UK, I'm married and retired, and thankfully all the kids have grown and flown. I spent most of my working life as a motor technician, here in the UK and in Australia, during the 70s. I retired due to ill health some 20 years ago now, but have no idea where those years have gone, and so much has changed in the motor world. I have just sold my beloved Octavia Vrs Estate 4x4 and downsized to a Fabia Monte Carlo Estate 1.2tsi, a big change but the Vrs was either just sitting or getting me into trouble with the law.... Well it was never happy unless it was pounding the tarmac at 90 plus... You know.... Anyhoo, thats me for now, an aging petrol head. Chat soon.

Hi and welcome to another senior revhead :) |B

PS I still "pound the tarmac @ 90 plus" on the track and hope to continue as long as I can get in the seat as that is the best medicine ever and when in the zone concentrating age along with all the aches and pains that seem to come with growing old disappear until the adrenaline level drops back to normal when the hot laps are over back in the pit garage.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to another senior revhead :) |B

PS I still "pound the tarmac @ 90 plus" on the track and hope to continue as long as I can get in the seat as that is the best medicine ever and when in the zone concentrating age along with all the aches and pains that seem to come with growing old disappear until the adrenaline level drops back to normal when the hot laps are over back in the pit garage.
Sounds like the best medicine to me, and yes, keep it up, and thanks for the warm welcome.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.
Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome.

Hello mate, good to meet you. Thats an interesting project you have there. Keep us updated.
Will do, but looking around there is very little support for the 1.2tsi engine which is rather a shame. I expect the three cylinder motors will get vast attention over the next few years, so we'll have to see how things go. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back