Gathering Winter Fuel

Type-Riter

Wrench Pro
Can someone please confirm that I am OK to use BP's Super plus unleaded in my Type R? I've seen somewhere that you are supposed to use a RON 98, whereas SPU is RON 97.

I can't use any other stations as I have a BP fuel card from work.

No worries! FYI - SHell Optimax is about 99 RON and there is a new 102 RON racing spec fuel coming out from BP at £1,000 :? or something rediculous for a gallen!

Just dont ever fill up with 95 RON!

No worries! FYI - SHell Optimax is about 99 RON and there is a new 102 RON racing spec fuel coming out from BP at £1,000 :? or something rediculous for a gallen!

Just dont ever fill up with 95 RON!
i have to since this shell company changed its name to topaz
no more high octaine over here mate

come to think of it, that could be the reason my car is acting strange on me (loss of power) would you think????

as for type r, and any other jap car mate,
in japan, their petrol is 99.9% pure petrol,any petrol close to that no. octane, is the best for your type r,i had 1 and v-power is all i ever used
never had a problem,its what their cars are born on in a way

Japanese petrol is around 99 octane, much higher than most of the UK pump fuel. Prevtec is saying to get as near to 99 octane as you can which is around 98 or 97 depending on which super unleaded you need.

Japanese petrol is around 99 octane, much higher than most of the UK pump fuel. Prevtec is saying to get as near to 99 octane as you can which is around 98 or 97 depending on which super unleaded you need.
thanks waynne