Gadgets

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
are there any gadgets that you have always wanted in or on your car? are they daft and themed to james bond? or are they practical and are put to use daily?

i like the idea of having a switch on your stering wheel like ferraris do with options on how to make your car go: sport, comfort or bonkers

i always fancied the computer analogue rev counter from the skyline 34
or a full computer installed in the car take care of all my music and videos games from when you in trafic jams. diagnostics from the ecu

dont think i could be bothered with the setting what would be the point of the likes of sport buttons which increase throttle response and stiffen suspension you would prob have them on all the time

Some of the guys over on www.ffoc.co.uk have an in-car computer installed into the dashboard. Stevie-G (http://www.stevieg.org/carpc/) is one person who's done it particularly well and documented the process to some extent for others who want to put a fully-functional pc into their car.

Considering that a car is most people's largest expense, next to a house, it's only fitting that it should fit the bill.

I've often wanted stinger missiles behind my headlights.

One cool gadget Mercedes Benz have come up with is a night vision camera that you can use in conjunction with looking out of the window with the headlights on to give you a clearer view of what's ahead.

I agree with the last post, missiles behind the headlights and perhaps a mounted turret on the bonnet. Ideal for taking out the pesky Sunday Drivers & Boy Racers...

blacklineninja said:
One cool gadget Mercedes Benz have come up with is a night vision camera that you can use in conjunction with looking out of the window with the headlights on to give you a clearer view of what's ahead.

Thats pretty cool.

already have cars that steer themselves, and drive themselves.

moving as seen on new mercedes using sensors on the distance of the car in front to match speed, and steering using powerful magnets on the road.

yeah but look what happened when merc tried to show off their las braking system, fair enough the driver forgot to switch it on.

does lexus not have a car that parks itself, well atempts it my guinea pigs could prob reverse park it quicker and with less space i think it needs about 3 car spaces to do it sucsessly

i take it your on about an irobot sytle thing you jump in saw got o whereever an it takes you. would you not miss the thrill of controlling the car throgh each and every corner
i know i would

It depends really - some drives are essential like the daily commute trhough traffic and then some are for fun - the open road in the countryside on a Sunday which is when I would switch it off.

You'll always need human reactions though, sure the car can steer itself and drive but if a child runs out onto the road...

Otherwise were all just trams on a stampeed.

i suppose its nothing new as anyone can have one but id really love that red start button. Get in your car, key in and then just press that start button. I will get it fitted at some point but i got tons of other things to do first :D

with regard to mercs auto drive system, if your on a dual carriageway, going 70 and its follwing the car in front; if the car then changed lanes and the next car was a bit further in front, would the car system recognize that the car who was in front had then accelerated at blistering speed about a mile infront, would the merc then floor it to continue at a constant pace, or jus slow down?

:shock:

being abit of a young 'un i wouldn't mind having a screen in the centre console that shows the streets in real time and also show the position of other vehicles, police and ambulances etc.

inspired by the need for speed games.

Its the bit that shows my bank balance all the time that would worry me the most about that set up Aswearing :lol:

waynne said:
Its the bit that shows my bank balance all the time that would worry me the most about that set up Aswearing :lol:

yeah you cant cheat to get loads o money in real life
then again you cant crash roll a few times and just drive off to a bodyshop ether :p

Then again in most games you can't ram raid your local 7/11 cash machine either, so perhaps its more equal than you might imagine :lol:

yeah but if you ram a atm you have to pay for the damage to your car where as in the game a quick couple of button presses cars fixed no price to pay