Future Boxter Purchase tips

B

babyblair39

I will be in the market for a Boxter (used) in the next few years. And since this forum is full of current owners I would like to hear your advice. Here is what I'm looking for. I want a car that looks awsome, that I can afford (Boxter), can be a daily driver, and that I can make progressive changes/modifications to over the life of the car. I would love to have something that looks stock, but when you step on the gas it's anything but stock. The advice I would like from you is which model (stock, S, spyder, and year) to buy (with the reasons), and which modifications to make (order and importance). Bear in mind I will be in the 50,000 USD range for the car and will only be able to put about 2000 - 5000 per year in modifications. I'm leaning toward a 2009-2010 Boxter S for starters, and starting with the airbox and exhaust and working from there. Tell me if I'm making a mistake and any helpful advice from current owners is greatly appreciated.

Blair

I would go with the 'S'. Definitely not a 'vert unless you're a woman.

As far as I know a lot of owners uprate the brakes (which are 4 pot calipers of the Boxster) and believe you can fit a bigger engine as well. I can't help more as I just haven't ever really looked that far into it. Just read a few magazines. I'd love to be able to afford one, let alone tune it as well!

Hi and welcome to TC forum.
If you have to have a Boxster then the 'S' is the only one to consider IMO. Lots of tuning packages available for any Porsche so the choice is yours and how much you can afford. My money and that budget though I'd be looking for a late 996TT or maybe even a early 997TT and have some real fun straight away without modifying or for half the budget a classic 944turbo highly modified which will make every journey an 'event'
Have fun researching and chasing the dream :)

I would go with the 'S'. Definitely not a 'vert unless you're a woman.

As far as I know a lot of owners uprate the brakes (which are 4 pot calipers of the Boxster) and believe you can fit a bigger engine as well. I can't help more as I just haven't ever really looked that far into it. Just read a few magazines. I'd love to be able to afford one, let alone tune it as well!

What is a Vert?
I thought all Boxters were meant to be excellent cars, All have 6 cylinders mid engine layout and apparently superb handling. I certainly wouldn't say no to one and iv'e got a winky!

What is a Vert?
I thought all Boxters were meant to be excellent cars, All have 6 cylinders mid engine layout and apparently superb handling. I certainly wouldn't say no to one and iv'e got a winky!

A 'vert is a convertible. I thought it applied to everywhere but 'vert is commonly used on the BMW forums.