Full Setup. Missing anything?

Hi,

Decided to get a full setup , so i can start doing my own repairs and also with a view to possibly in the future , training up and doing this for a business. Got 20% off at machinemart till this weekend so wanting to buy tomorrow..

Can you think of anything im missing from the list below for somebody who has a bit of knowledge , and wants to do general repairing etc..

2tonne Lift jack
Axle Stands
Creeper & Seat
Inspection Lamp
Tyre Inflator
Wheel Brace
Engine Lift
Transmission Lift
Engine Stand
Bench with Vice & Grinder
Jump Start Pack
Tow Bar
Jump Leads
Magnetic Tray
Compression Tester
Cam Locking Tool
Helicoil
Pipe Bender
Torque Wrench
All the usual sockets, ratchets, nuts, bolts, pullers, splitters etc
Jugs for fluids
Cleaning Stuff

Matt

Hey buddy welcome to TC, good luck with your endevours, looking forward to your future projects. Make sure you have a garage dustbin and a box with old rags, telescopic magnet for when you drop nuts into narrow dark little crevices, a camera to take picks of all your projects, baby grinder, blow torch, welder and a small tv to watch the races while you work, ohh and don't forget the bar fridge.

Thanks for the replies.

Already got a full mig welder setup. Got a drill. Got a vernier caliper.

Will get a telescopic magnet and also a mirror.

Matt

Greetings immortal and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

That's a big shopping list, so do you not have any tools at all then? Normally home mechanics have a few of those already and add as they go. The transmission jack is only suitable for when working under a ramp or post lift.

Do you have room for all of that?

That's a big shopping list, so do you not have any tools at all then? Normally home mechanics have a few of those already and add as they go. The transmission jack is only suitable for when working under a ramp or post lift.

Do you have room for all of that?

Hi,

Have a decent socket set (halford pro) but half of them are missing or cacked up (kids been in my tool box lol). Transmission jack i could do without thinking about it as no , i dont have the room but could buy that when i progress to a unit , if i do.

Matt

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back