Full On? or Refined?

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
are you the sort of person who will go gung-ho at your car slapping as much cosmetics on your car as possible or do you add subtle mods, enhancing the stock image of your car?

I prefer subtle looks and BONKERS performance. I really subscribe to the Sleeper or Q car Philosphy. I even took the T badge off my car!

I really like a fully kitted car if it is tastefully done. Buying a standard kit and bolting it on does not work for me. It needs to be special with wide body conversion and flared arches.

i'd like to build my own, can't get more personal than that.

buy some high density foam, do some tech drawings and bond to existing bumpers. go over the arches, and smooth out it all with fibreglass putty sand down with wet and dry and spray!

lightweight and an uncopiable bodykit, could even use spacers on your wheels.

if a shouty bodykit isn't your style, then using the same principle, add subtler body mods.

I like subtly enhanced cars, like smoothed euro style cars, or ones with subtle bodykits like Rieger or Seidl kits. Balls out wild styling is acceptable if it's on a car with the trousers to back up the mouth, such as on the American import cars.

billyo said:
I really like a fully kitted car if it is tastefully done. Buying a standard kit and bolting it on does not work for me. It needs to be special with wide body conversion and flared arches.

agreed... I done this to my skyline and just finished... But got burn to hell and back from the people on the forum...

Personally, I think body kit is nice if it is done tastefully. The flare arches are needed if you want to stand out... The problem with the R32 world is that what ever bodykit available has either been copied, or have been used by someone else... Rare to get a truely special car unless you put loads of effort into it. :(

Car is done now and just need several final bits and it is good to go...

Did you like the Nemesis skyline? I think that shared modified wide body kits from a 350z - that looked pretty good.

Its a shame you got burned about your kit - just remember that you built the car for yourself not for other people. I've seen people spend £30k+ on a car and get heavily criticised but at the end of the day they have made a "work of art" and just as art is subjective so are body styling mods.

Even the run of the mill kits can be made unique with a little carefull planning.

i like understated mods all the way. :D
even if you do have the Balls out power to go doggystyle all day long.

My golf was fully kitted up, and people would tell me they saw me here&there, when i didnt want to even look at their Annoying face, let alone smell their Tangy breath. Although its nice to get a few Nods at the petrol station.

Sleeper cars are sweet to drive, and dont attract to much attention from thieves, vanals, coppers. (Win, Win, Win = no arguments)

and if a boy racer/silly Merc driver gets annoying you can happily leave him with his jaw on the floor. :shock:

or just keep up with exotica, Paparatzzi style.

Dont get me wrong i like seeing custom modded metal (so many get it wrong) as much s the next guy. i just like the understated class of a sleeper. 8)

i dont particularly like LOUD exausts on cars which dont move quickly enough. they sound like they're launching off for a race, but 20 seconds later he's still there and just changing into 2nd gear lol :lol:
But thats just my opinion. (mild exaust tuning isnt that annoying)

[quote="Balls out wild styling is acceptable if it's on a car with the trousers to back up the mouth, such as on the American import cars.[/quote]

ha ha wow ive nvr heard of an american import
im sorry here its only euro imports or good ol american *hack spit* muscle

or, u no, electrics

[quote="and if a boy racer/silly Merc driver gets annoying you can happily leave him with his jaw on the floor. :shock:
[/quote]

we had a kid nxt 2 us in a merc and we were on the football bus
it was great we were flickin him off and stuff so he starts revvin his engine
when he wasnt lookin the light change and the bus driver floored it cuz he was gettin fed up with the kid 2 and by the time the kid got goin the bus had cut him off

Mines a bit of a sleeper type car......I have no badges hence why i want to tune the engine and not waste time/moeny on the exterior (yet)

Will do one day but for the time being everthing is going into making it into a beast with a diesel engine!? :lol:

You'll be HDI funs best mate then! He rechipped his Pug and keeps telling us how good it is.

i think that a car should be done in a tastefully with a bit of style and thought gone in to it ,
not have spoilers that look like bits of mecarno slapped on it or have skirting that dosent get obliterated every time it goes over a hump in the road, and silly great exshausts which dont fit the car