Fuel tax up : 4x4 prices down

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Some 4x4 ie: BMW X5's, are losing about £1000 per month in value at the moment and there has been a decline in the sales of 4x4 cars.

What is going to happen to the future of the 4x4? Will it go back to landrovers and Countryside hacks only and the luxury city 4x4's will dissapear or can you see a revival happening? Do you think 4x4's will ever be considered environmentally responsible by the majority?

There will always be 4x4's around they are just too useful and people rely on the safety of them the space they give and the ready for anything nature of them. Fuel price hikes will just make the manufacturers produce more efficient engines like that Lexus off roader with bi electric motors.

I love my Trooper, but it is heavy in fuel and road tax. If only they were a bit more economical. My friend put LPG in his trooper, but with me having dog cages in mine, i dont have the room for one inside the trooper and the tank that would go under the trooper isnt that big and wouldnt be worth while!

if they still put fuel prices up i would still have my yanks and trooper

Firebird 8mpg

camaro 18mpg

trooper 18 to 20 mpg

missus 10 yards to shops and it cost me £100

still cheaper to run the motors

what about the the jags, astons, tvr's and the rest of the super/luxury cars that are runnin 5, 6, 7 litres engine and a mitsi l200 runs a 2.5?

what they goin to do about them?

They cant judge one without doin the other!!!