Fuel prices.....again. When will WE stop it

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Why are we putting up with the current fuel situation. It was only a month ago we had a rant about the government putting the fuel price down a penny, and companies putting it back up a penny. That was at 131.9. We are now at an average cost of 137.9. Thats a rais of 6p per leter and no one has said anything in the news or TV.

The only thing that has happened was a load of guys drove down the M56 in North Wales at 20 mph.

Why are we accepting this? I bet when the fuel price went over 110p if we had have kicked a fuss, protests, stopped driving ect, then the price would still be about the same. But becuase we just seem to roll over and take it, the government has cought on to this and just keps putting the price up.

Every penny puts my fill up by 50p. So in the two and a half years the cost has gone up from 105p to (Ill take 95+ octain to be fair, as 105p was the price of fuel in my mazda) 137p. That means that on an average fill, the cost has gone from £52.50 to £68.50. That is an increase of £16.

That is an increase of over 30%

What a mick take.

Got to agree with you here. I'm paying 1.40 plus down here for SuperUnleaded. It really is stupid. We are being ripped off, mainly by the oil companies.

What exactly can we do about it?

I remember the fuel protests of the 90s.

Everyone was well up for it until the fuel and food started to run out.

They've got us by the short and curlies mate.

No-one can afford the fuel to go to a protest these days!

Smacks of Mad Max 2, catching every drip.

I think it is disgusting, the way the the upper parts of the hierachy believe that we will just accept whatever measures they put in place to to try and lessen the debt we have hanging over us, of course it was their fault we are in this mess in the first place, letting banks run wild throwing money at people who can't pay it back, bailing out countries with money that should have been put aside to help our own situation, councils using tax payer money in stock market schemes and losing it when the bank goes under, yet they keep "giving" us little breaks that seem to take little away from the fact that we are being screwed over, I've said before, all we are is walikng money bags for them to dip their hands in whenever they feel like it.

Post number 1000, and it had to be a rant :lol:

No-one can afford the fuel to go to a protest these days!

Smacks of Mad Max 2, catching every drip.

thats what happened up here. there was supposed to be a go slow along the A75 - main ferry route to ireland but only a handful of cars turned up as at 140 miles it was going to cost too much for people to take part so only around 20 cars done it

I think it is disgusting, the way the the upper parts of the hierachy believe that we will just accept whatever measures they put in place to to try and lessen the debt we have hanging over us, of course it was their fault we are in this mess in the first place, letting banks run wild throwing money at people who can't pay it back, bailing out countries with money that should have been put aside to help our own situation, councils using tax payer money in stock market schemes and losing it when the bank goes under, yet they keep "giving" us little breaks that seem to take little away from the fact that we are being screwed over, I've said before, all we are is walikng money bags for them to dip their hands in whenever they feel like it.

Thats the problem, we are just taking it. Oversea's aid is a joke. We give 300m a year to Pakistan! For What????

We give 1.6bln a year to the EU? WHY??

The banks rob us, then mess up, and WE pay for it.

You pay tax on what you earn, spend, save.

Fuel price needs to come down to around £1.10 a L for the country to start working again. Price of food goes up as delivery is getting more expencive. Small haulage companies are going out of buisness. Buss companies are going out of busness. Taxi's the same way.

I have never agreed with protests or strikes. But I think this is something that needs done.

Cheers T9, as you can probably tell I've been enjoying the conversations we have here, so much so I've racked up 1000 posts in less than 6 months, hopefully I've not annoyed too many people in the process. Here's to the next 1000!,:bigsmile:

Cheers T9, as you can probably tell I've been enjoying the conversations we have here, so much so I've racked up 1000 posts in less than 6 months, hopefully I've not annoyed too many people in the process. Here's to the next 1000!,:bigsmile:

Can't imagine who you might have annoyed BFF, it was probably more
bagfight.gif
but you have certainly given me many a chuckle over the past few months :lol:

thats what happened up here. there was supposed to be a go slow along the A75 - main ferry route to ireland but only a handful of cars turned up as at 140 miles it was going to cost too much for people to take part so only around 20 cars done it

We should just go and block all the routes leading in and out of the major oil refineries we have. I cant afford to do this go slow thing but i would be willing to go to my nearest refinery and help block the road.

yep fuel prices affect everything, higher fuel higher prices on everyday items due to needing the fuel to get them here its complete and utter ****

THANKS GUYS
Cameron%27s%20baby.jpg

congrats on the 1000 posts. Agree with everything.

300mil to pakistan??? What did they spend that on, building bin laden's compound or bribing people to look the other way?

That's not 300mil cos of the floods there, we gave extra for that. This is per year! To aid the poor and stop them from being tempted to use there nukes on others.

We would give to North Korea, but there nukes can only reach Alaska, and no one gives a crap about the eskimo's!! :D