Fuel Level

I fill it till the pump stops. I have seen people going beyond this and literally brimming it but this tends to upset the breather vent and causes spills and vapours.

Running low is something I try to avoid though.

Going to the fuel station is a PITA so I fill to the brim. The pump clicks off at around 54 ltres, but by pulling the pump nossle out past the one way valve flap I can get another 10 litres in. This reduces my trips to the station by nearly 20% :). yYs, I know I am reducing my mpg but in a 2 tonne vehicle not by very much.

if im going on a long journey, il fill it to the brim, get good mileadge to until the first bar lights out on the dash

if im just spinning around il get 20 euro worth
i seem to get more mileadge than putting in 10 and 10

If i only put £20 in the GTO i'll need to re-join the queue after pulling off the forecourt. :lol::lol:
Alright, maybe it's not quite that bad. :bigsmile:

tend to fill it right up, also, as i hate going to the petrol station and often leave it until the last second, i pull the pump out a bit so it can fill right to the top. Dont see why this should in any way effect the breather. First blast out of the garage forecourt and thats 1/2 ltr gone in any case.

Well I hope yous are all doing your bit for the 1st May ..... Protest Not to use the fuel pumps for a day to get them to stopping putting the prices up,....In one day hopefully they lose few million :p

Well I hope yous are all doing your bit for the 1st May ..... Protest Not to use the fuel pumps for a day to get them to stopping putting the prices up,....In one day hopefully they lose few million :p

but theyll not they will lose a few million that day maybe but people will ether get alot on Friday or Sunday, so profits may be down one day but up on others

Yes, Fuel companies won't lose much, due to people filling up abit more during the week but it's too scare them really, ..... as they know if Profits can fall for one day then other protest's can be brought into action if they keep the fuel on the rise that will affect them alot more.

but it wont scare them. think about it for a minute say we protest for a week ok i dont buy fuel for a week, im getting low on petrol after that and will have to get some i NEED the car to make money - cant get to work without the car. at the end of the day people are still going to buy the fuel as they need to get about.

Yeah I know people are always going to buy Fuel ...... and week protest's would be impossible due to people needing to work.

But if people have protest's ongoing, I will support them as I'm not wanting to sit back and pay £1.30 - £1.50 a litre

protesting against the oil companies is a waste of time. imo its the govt that is causing the high fuel prices, so why not protest against them instead? the high tax burden makes the prices so high.