Fuel injectors/ecu remap

CT

Hello everyone,

I am currently completely rebuilding my engine inside out. New pistons, rods, etc etc....with a Big turbo kit put in. After im done i should be expecting to run 300-350 whp. Now my question is this, What size fuel injectors will i require to run that much power? Also, do i have to chip my ECU? Because i will be running a fuel management system which basically forces fuel through a fuel pump that i bought seperately and installed in series with my OEM fuel pump and to the fuel injectors. This is why im not sure if i still need to chip my ECU.

Thanks alot guys.

Hi there CT and welcome to TorqueCars. Chipping the ECU will generally improve the ignition timing advance and release more power. Also many modern ECU will also control the wastegate and a failsafe kicks in if there is too much air going into the engine and it goes into limp home mode.

As CB says, we need to know what car and what engine really.

The things people who do the 'chips' seem to 'forget' to tell people is that a re-mapped ECU will not supply you with bigger injectors, uprated fuel pump [one which has been wired in correctly] a better fuel pressure regulator, better fuel lines etc etc.
Chipping some cars is good but it has it's limits. For more power, real power in an upgrade scenario, your engine needs proper support in the area which creates power, fuel.
Some cars are programmed for an economy where there is scope for changing the map. Others just don't have this luxury.
The list is far more extensive than just the above, that is just verging on the basics.
It all depends on how much power one wants over the stock output as you then get into better brakes, suspension etc etc.
Turbo's need controlling/regulating or they will overboost, especially upgraded ones. They will create so much more air that it needs better cooling, uprated intercooler [f.m.i.c.], this higher volume of air needs more fuel, the fuel then needs metering properly.Or it will run lean and melt pistons. With all the changes to these characteristics, the timing will need attention.
Sorry if this is very brief but the football is on t.v. and it has higher priority over cars at night time. :lol::lol:

Hi, thanks for all your advice. My motor is a 1.8T Quattro (ATW), 4 cylinders. Country Bumpkin, all that stuff you mentioned above, I have already taken care of. I had a look at the fuel injector calculations, its quite useful. Thanks. Have any of you used the LMS i-manage system as seen in this link? http://redhat3.admarkonline.com/~lmsp/product.phtml?p=14&cat_key=20
Because I am going to be using this system. Please let me know.

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

I am currently completely rebuilding my engine inside out. New pistons, rods, etc etc....with a Big turbo kit put in. After im done i should be expecting to run 300-350 whp. Now my question is this, What size fuel injectors will i require to run that much power? Also, do i have to chip my ECU? Because i will be running a fuel management system which basically forces fuel through a fuel pump that i bought seperately and installed in series with my OEM fuel pump and to the fuel injectors. This is why im not sure if i still need to chip my ECU.

Thanks alot guys.
i think that you should use 550 cc, injectors and you must chip your ecu to sent the nesesary signals to power your new motor upgrades