Fuel filter??

grantwhite

Wrench Pro
Car
a3 1.8t quattro s
Hi,

When i fit my brakes on the weekend as per previous thread, i will be giving my car a service, i changed the plugs last week gonna be changing the oil and filters now. I was just wondering if anyone knew where the fuel filter is as i can't find anything in my haynes manual as to where it is?? does the fuel filter need to be changed every service?

cheers

ps sorry for all the threads

remove the rear wheels cant remember which side off the top of my head, think it could be the rear drivers side, but youll see it hidden away if you look underneath.

VAG say theyre lifetime filters but having seen some cut open at 60k i decided to change mine, never actually got round to it and its still sitting in a box next door.

as for the threads dont worry as long as were able to help ;)

remove the rear wheels cant remember which side off the top of my head, think it could be the rear drivers side, but youll see it hidden away if you look underneath.

VAG say theyre lifetime filters but having seen some cut open at 60k i decided to change mine, never actually got round to it and its still sitting in a box next door.

as for the threads dont worry as long as were able to help ;)

Cheers i will give it a check over and if it needs changing i will do it.

i guess thats why its not in my manual then if it is a lifetime one.

cheers for your help pgarner

yeah its not in the haynes i dont think it even appears in elsawin ( VAGs technical manual - really indepth if you can find a copy makes a haynes manual look like kids notes when it comes to some jobs, be warned though its a big file as it comes as audi, vw, seat and i think skoda although ive not looked at it in a while )

Last edited: