FTO Rev Counter

pr1982

Car
Mitsubishi FTO GP
Greetings all, I'm brand new to the site and to Mitsubishis. I just bought a 95 GP(Auto:() and the Tach has stopped working. I pulled the gauge cluster out and checked all the buses and while old, they don't look too bad(i even used the old nintendo trick using some windex to clean the contacts;)) but no dice. I'd like to avoid installing an external one just because I think it'd look stupid on a car that's not tuned, not to mention I'd hate to put holes in my prestine dash board. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Also, this is my 1st post so Hi to everyone, hope your day is well and your cars are healthy.:D

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.

Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own special project!

Enjoy! :)

Welcome to TorqueCars :bigsmile:

Have you checked the unit itself? Could be worth borrowing a tacho from someone and seeing if it triggers. Otherwise check the wiring to the tacho, might be the trigger wire at fault? You'll need a manual to hunt down the wire or connection as some tachos get their signal from various sources.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back