FTO owners say hello

Hi All, spend most of my time on an FTO owners site, but coming here for helps and tips on how to get more torque and horses :bigsmile:

Hi everybody ! I have an aging FTO formerly with mivec and now GR engine and 4-speed steptronic. I love it...

Hi Steve, the mivec on the old engine cong out at almost 300k on the odometer. It was running on 5 cylinders and nobody could get it fixed. So changed it to a GR since it was cheaper and I was a bit tight.
At first there's some regret (lost the 200hp bragging) then realised I made the right decision.The GR has better low-rev torque, so better day-to-day driving as this is the only car I have.
Cheers !

ye zane, there's nothing wrong with the GR engine, i consider it the better engine of the two. the differance between the GR and the GPX in performance is minimal in my opinion. ive just had my gr on the rolling road at eurospec, and had a reading of 180.2 bhp at the fly. i know GPXs that dont produce that.

Yep steve, nothing wrong with the GR. Just this morning I was doing 180km/hr on the motorway on the way to work. As I was on some bend the engine gave up on me all of a sudden, and I could feel the jerk.
Panic and regret (for flouting the law) embraced me until I remember it was the speedcut. I must be doing close to 200.
Summons you say? I might get one later if I'm unlucky :confused:.

hi all just got a GPX Mivec sure to be picking peoples brains, few jobs need doing to it but a hell of a car for the money.

hi all just got a GPX Mivec sure to be picking peoples brains, few jobs need doing to it but a hell of a car for the money.

Hi tomw, im not on hear alot but if you have any questions post on here or PM me and ill get back to you asap.

atb, steve.

Hi all, I've had my GR for a couple of years now, started a Matt red paint job last year...... Going ok just needing the weather to cheer up to get it finished. I am planning an engine swap to start soon ish so I will be brain picking for help on this. I will get some good pics up soon and you can let me know what you think of passion red in Matt.

Paul.

Hi paul, my car is passion red, but i cant comment on it in matt as ive never seen 1 in matt, but once you put some pics up ill have a look.

atb, steve.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back