FTO and the DVLA

moneypit

Wrench Pro
From
Southampton UK
Car
Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
Last year I Chased the DVLA because my '94 GPX model was listed as a Ralliart FTO on the reg doc
Apart from Ralliart not being imported until 1997 and the car is a totally different beast from my GPX but the MOT emissions are totally different as well, for a '94 model i.e. 3.4 for the gpx .07 for the ralliart

Anyway, after about 6 months DVLA has agreed and my new reg doc just states FTO no model details a bit of a compromise but this should stop the emission row every year with the garage!

this might apply to other import makes as well when this years MOT is due I will see what the computer says (no hopefully!)

moneypit

Wrench Pro
From
Southampton UK
Car
Mazda MX5 1.8 Sport
If you are having trouble with emissions and it looks like the lambda ebay sell them for around £25 just check how many wires you got usually 4 tell them when ordering last one lasted 3 yrs which is way better than 360 quid or there abouts i'd put a new one on each year for that price!!!:bigsmile: takes about 15 mins to do

plus always worth doing oil and filters and a good thrash down the mway a few days before, wife uses it for work 10 mile round trip clogs the old gal up (fto not wifey :confused:)