Moff

Authorised Trader
Car
Nissan Skyline
More great items brought to you by:

THE MOFF SHOP / TMS MOTORSPORT

FS: K&N 57i Induction Kit - Ford Focus I 1.4L 1.6L All Models

[u'', u'']

K&N 57i Series Induction Kits are specifically designed for each different vehicle and will free your car from the size restriction that comes with the factory air box. These economical kits can take a variety of different forms based on vehicle characteristics and available space under the hood. Each kit is designed to provide power throughout the RPM range. The extra surface area of these open-air air filters provide even more airflow at lower restriction than a K&N O/E replacement filter which is always limited to the size of the factory air box. The larger air filter also captures and holds more dirt increasing its service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles). The filter is either directly attached to the engine carburetor or throttle body or indirectly through a tube assembly running from the filter to the engine. All adapters are made from high quality materials such as steel, aluminum, silicon or reinforced nylon to ensure long life. High quality lightweight aluminium air intake filter kit. Guaranteed to increase horsepower Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound Replaces entire factory air intake system Washable and reusable lifetime air filter Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions) Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty®

Price: £111.76
Price (inc. VAT): £134.11

Please see the website for more photos and details...

Email us: sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

OVER 10 years experience
We ship worldwide

mofomos_logo_png.png

Thanks. Interesting :)

They sell competition filters, but:

Million Mile Limited Warranty
K&N O/E Replacement Air Filters and Air Intake Systems purchased from Authorized Dealers are backed by a Million Mile Limited Warranty when used primarily on paved roads and on vehicles for which they were designed. If one of these products ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, K&N will replace it.

What Is Not Covered By Our Warranty
Any K&N product used for 1: any type of racing or competition; 2: any off-road use, custom or modified applications; 3: any off-road or dual sport motorcycle/ ATV use; or 4: any illegal highway use...... :)

I can't find anywhere where it guarantees power increases or by how much. All I can find is a statement that says the filters are designed to increase power, but this means nothing and gives no guarantee that their filters will actually do this.

Compared to OEM they will. I've seen 150BHP (no joke) on a 1,000 BHP race car just by changing to K&N filter from another brand. Ok the other filter was old, and not big enough for the engine, but still, goes to show they are important.

Compared to OEM they will. I've seen 150BHP (no joke) on a 1,000 BHP race car just by changing to K&N filter from another brand. Ok the other filter was old, and not big enough for the engine, but still, goes to show they are important.

Oh, I'm not disputing that they are important, I am using a very big foam IGS on my project car. However, you can't use replacing an old, too small a filter for a race engine with a new, larger one as proof that the K&N filter will improve the BHP of a standard engine when compared to a new OEM filter. Where is the independent data backing up this claim?

On a stock or mildly moded road car the induction kit power gains if any are mainly in the mind of the buyer IMHO

Last edited:
Over the 10 years or so we've been doing this, decent inductions are always an improvement. of course, if you put it on a car which start life out at 29 bhp, vs a % gain on a car which starts out at 290 BHP, then relative figurative gains will be higher on higher BHP vehicle.

There are also the more throaty induction noises.

You only need to take a look at the construction of a standard air filter in a car (which 99% of the time are made from paper).

There are of course many other factors which can be considered, such as associated modifications, age and condition of engine etc etc.

There has to be a distinction between standard and tuned engines.

On a standard, OEM, engine, there will be little or no improvement. In fact, there have been independent tests that have shown a reduction in power.

On a modified engine requiring air volumes greater than the OEM filter can provide, then a suitable replacement matched to the engine's requirements is needed.

All I am saying is that I believe that replacing the OEM filter/box with an aftermarket unit is a vanity spend. For your money you will get admiring glances from your peers who also no SFA about engine tuning plus a different noise that you may prefer.

As Rad stated above, any performance improvement on an OEm engine will be in the mind, which can be just as satisfying as real power gains are to those who actually know what they are doing. I hasten to as that this is not aimed at you, Moff :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back