FS: Cosworth Thermal Phenolic Intake Gaskets - TMS Motorsport

Moff

Authorised Trader
Car
Nissan Skyline
More great items brought to you by:

THE MOFF SHOP / TMS MOTORSPORT

FS: Cosworth Thermal Phenolic Intake Gaskets

Thermal Intake Gaskets are designed to reduce the inlet air temperature thus resulting in colder air flowing in. Cold air is more dense than hot air and a denser intake air charge contains more oxygen which results in the potential for increased power and torque. Each one of these intake gaskets will include a tube of "Hylomar Universal Blue Racing Formula" sealant. The use of OE inlet manifold gaskets is not required with the Cosworth Thermal Guard Composite Intake Gasket. Isolates inlet manifold from engine and cylinder head Reduces inlet air temperature Reusable with no deformation Higher temperature resistance than plastic gaskets (+500 degrees F) Precision CNC manufactured Includes Hylomar Universal Blue Racing Formula sealant Race proven Safe with all fuel types

Price: £65.00
Price (inc. VAT): £78.00

Please see the website for more photos and details...

Email us: sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

OVER 10 years experience
We ship worldwide

mofomos_logo_png.png

Happy N Y to you and yours Steve.
Can't say if it made any noticeable improvement as it would require temperature sensors and before and after road/dyno testing to confirm any actual degree change with the gasket in place.

BUT as you know little things count and when added together one usually has better result.

I imagine the claim that it helps prevent heat transfer from the head to the manifold helping to keep the incoming air cooler and denser would have be of some benefit.

PS next time I drive my car I will use an IR temp gauge to see if there is any significant difference between where head and manifold flange join.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Cool-Stuff-Manifold-Insulators&A=110474

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back