Front Fog Light Suggestions

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
I have a small problem with the front fog lights. Offside fog light has had to be removed to allow the massive cone filter on the new induction kit to be sited there.

This means no more fog light and a mesh grill is to be fashioned to fit the gap.

There is a small space, which could concievably hold another type of fog light and a projector light has been mentioned as being an alternative.

Not altogether sure what one of these is really tbh :embarrest:
I have a useable gap of about 130mm long x 90mm high x 90mm deep.
Can anyone suggest a small unobtrusive yet powerful light I could use as a replacement please! Thanks ;)

I have to agree with Stamford, aftermarket fog lamps look a bit gay and just add weight, not so much that the rejuvinated beast won't be able to cope but aesthetics are also important. Do the whole lot in mesh or make space for the original ones in the bumper.

I have to agree with Stamford, aftermarket fog lamps look a bit gay and just add weight, not so much that the rejuvinated beast won't be able to cope but aesthetics are also important. Do the whole lot in mesh or make space for the original ones in the bumper.

I was looking on these from Demon Tweeks http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...ering_Rectangle_Halogen_Fog_Lamp/1308/0/22432

Thought about painting the surround black, then having them mounted behind the meshing :blink:

Will have another head scratching session on it tomorrow I think :)

I've removed the nsf fogs on a couple of cars so that I can fit an ik feed. Can't say I've ever missed having one.

What ik are you fitting? I'm guessing its a custom job to cope with the humungous air demands?

Last edited:
I've removed the nsf fogs on a couple of cars so that I can fit an ik feed. Can't say I've ever missed having one.

What ik are you fitting? I'm guessing its a custom job to cope with the humungous air demands?

:lol: It is indeed a custom job Yugguy, it is a mixture of 100mm and 125mm piping - the cone filter on the end is a monster hence my having to lose the fog light. :bigsmile:

This is the best picture that I have of the new bumper front end!
neonew6-1.jpg

Mesh it and leave them out. It will look soooooooo much better than cutting and fitting aftermarket ones.
Or source another bumper with the holes already in different places.

with money being no issue i would personally lose the fogs and have some carbon air scoops made (to fit in with your theme;))
something along the line of these

nengun-1897-00-mines-air_scoop.png

i made my fog light covers with fibreglass resin as you can see it could be used as an intake. im sure a decent carbon place could make you some quite easily

i really think mesh would ruin the look of your front end!!

leave both foglights out and instead have the vents supplying cold air to the brakes to help them keep cooler on the track

with money being no issue i would personally lose the fogs and have some carbon air scoops made (to fit in with your theme;))
something along the line of these

nengun-1897-00-mines-air_scoop.png

i made my fog light covers with fibreglass resin as you can see it could be used as an intake. im sure a decent carbon place could make you some quite easily

i really think mesh would ruin the look of your front end!!

@ PG & Herb, A stroke of genius! :bigsmile: I will ask the garage about these ideas first thing in the morning! Cheers :bigsmile: