front bumper respray/repair

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
not been on for a while been quite busy a quick question about my front bumper.

should i take the bumper of and just take that to my chosen body shop? or do they need the car there to get a better colour match?

In Australia we have mobile small ding and bumper repair men so surely there is similar type of companies or workshops where you are ???

Andy, for this sort of thing I use a Smart Repair chap. They can do it for you at home or your place of work which is very handy. Invariably they will be cheaper than a bodyshop and more convenient as they are mobile. I use a similar guy down here in London called Matt and he is a ruddy marvel when it comes to these type of repairs. If after looking at the problem the smart repair "free survey" decides it will need a bodyshop at least then you know for sure rather than wasting money.

Good luck buddy and let us know how it went ;)

Oh nearly forgot :embarrest: a couple more important things for you!

Sometimes you maybe asked to take a few photographs so that they can quote. Also, try and Google your local smart repair or ChipsAway type person directly. Some use a National contact number and these people ring your nearest chap with your inquiry and they charge a finders fee to him which he passes onto you ;)

i asked a few mobile smart repair people and they said it needs a proper body shop so its now in there and not seeing my car for over a week is killing me as i want to drive it before i take it off the road at the end of the end.

as you can see its in pretty poor condition and previous owner did a poor job of trying to repair will post pictures when i get it back

Good heavens, those filler attempts are terrible. Good luck with this Andy, I hope you get your chariot back in time for the last drive before the weather turns. :)

il be more chuffed when i get the new grill put in, i am impressed with how good it looks makes the whole car look much cleaner