Frod Mondeo MK4 diesel engine starts poorly when cold

vesse

Car
Ford Mondeo MK4
When starting, the car revs up for one second, then immediately dies. It seems as if the car can't get fuel. After trying to start the car 20-30 times, it finally starts normally. The problem occurs only when starting from cold, i.e. the next morning after stopping, the problem repeats. Starts very well when warm.

The car is a Ford Mondeo MK4 2008 1.8Tdi 92KW

In the meantime, I have refueled several times and added fuel additive. I have also changed the fuel filter, checked the injectors and error codes. The result is the same.

Video clip of one (of these 20-30) attempts to start the car.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

How strange. It does seem to fire up briefly and then it cuts out. So no error codes are showing. Does this car have a fuel heater/warmer? Is that working Ok?

What are the voltages doing when you start it? It could be the signal the engine is firing up is ok, it then starts the other electrical systems in the car and the current drop causes it to stall?

Haven't checked the glow plugs yet. However, this problem has also appeared in warm weather.

The voltage drop at startup is 10.8V, which seems to be ok.

At the moment I suspect that air is getting into the fuel line. Also have to check the hoses and their fittings.

Did the tank run dry at some point causing a pocket of air to form, or do you think it might be a split or leak in the fuel system somewhere?