FR-Sara.

Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on the forums. Last time I was here I asked you what direction I should take my car. You guys offered your suggestions and I've made my decisions. She's still a work in progress, but she's slowly getting closer to being done. Let me introduce my car, Project: FR-Sara.

Current mod list:
Jackson Racing Supercharger
Setrab Oil cooler
Invidia n1 exhaust
Winjet headlights
Valenti tail lights
Enkei rpf1 18x9.5 (soon)

Pics:

Day 1

My first mod

Her name

Tail lights, tail lights on and some mountain driving

Headlights put in

Club sticker

Lighting changes

Supercharger kit in!

Miscellaneous pictures

Wow awesome project! Thanks for posting the pics and please keep us updated with your progress. What's the long term plan then?

Well right now my plan is to get my wheels on. I have been saving for tires. I need more grip, the stock tires are fun to drive on and nice for drifting, but they don't hold the power I'm putting down right now. After that I'd like to work on the suspension, get her some stiffer springs, a more aggressive alignment and some better brakes. Then I'll finish modifying the exhaust, there are a couple after market headers I'm looking at and I need to decide which one to go with. Then a custom tune to really unlock the power of my supercharger. Finally wide body /aero.
I bought her to drive. And i have been driving a ton, but she is my daily so I don't do anything super crazy. I have been doing auto x, a track day and drifting. I can't wait for another track day they are amazing.

There are quite a few people reading this thread looking at the stats but we've not had any updates from you in a while any updates on this project - or have you moved on to another one?

What are your plans for the future?

Hey I've honestly been really busy. I am still working on the car piece by piece, but I've been working on my own skills as a driver a bit more. I didn't realize there were people actually taking a look at this thread seeing how old it is. I'll get an update done in the next day or two

Much appreciated. Yes the old threads do attract a lot of interest, especially if you have an unusual or rare project on the go.

OK so I'll just do a text update first. I've been doing a ton of autocross these last two years, trying to make them almost every month except during the summer season when they change days.
I did my next track day 24/4/2016 at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch; drove their 3.4 mile configuration and managed a 2:59.647. I also picked up new wheels and tires just before the event; Enkei RPF1 17x9, wrapped with 225/40 GT Radial SX2.

Several autocross events and mountain cruise later I decided to pick up a Seibon carbon fiber bonnet. That was in 15/7/2015.

August 14, 2016 had a track event at Fontana Auto Club Speedway for a VW event. I unfortunately messed up a downshift and spun out on course. I hit a tire wall and damaged Sara, but luckily was unhurt and Sara remained driveable.

Next was the long wait to getting my car fixed up. I wouldn't get that finished for another month. But back she came as good as new. I did another autocross event the same week I got her back. Definitely hit a couple cones to the chagrin of my mechanics.

The remainder of 2016 was just autocross events and freaking out about the election.

I'm gonna post up the pics of everything eventually as well as a full progress update of this year in a couple days. Thanks for following the build!

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing your pics. Nice to hear from you again and great work on the car.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back