ford mustang diesel powered

Ronbros

Torque Junkie
Car
opel-isuzu 1.8 turb
this car is interesting,because its a diesel, original engine was a 4.6L petrol.

i have seen it race, its awesome.

1994 Ford Mustang coupe, GM Chevy Duramax V8 6.6L, stock engine with single turbo system designed by the owner, water/meth, and E-Live tuned.

car has run a best of 9.96 at over 140mph in 1/4 mile drag, he then,2weeks later ran the Texas mile,0-max speed in a standing mile, at 203mph.

and he drives the car to and from the race tracks,sometimes as much as 1000miles(Texas is a big state), very quiet on the street and quite docile. fuel mileage 35-40 on a US gallon!

actually goes to dinner with it,when the mood permits.

HP is around 650-700hp and over 1000lbs.ft. torque, all that and dependable too. and with good MPG, guess that makes performance diesels a great idea!

google Texas mile.com link duramax mustang

or mike woods diesel mustang

or dragzine.com diesel mustang for other types with diesel engines

another interesting diesel truck at bonneville, google bonneville ford truck records

thanks HDi fun, never heard that before.

diesels over here,used in cars, got a bad introduction in the late 1970s, early 80s, with GMs mess of new generation engineers, they tried converting a petrol engine into a diesel engine, and it simply was not robust enough for stresses involved, old mechanical pump stuff.

just maybe, with todays CR and multi injections electronics, it could work after all!

Things were the same here in the 1970s and 1980s. Diesel cars were horrid to drive. Slow and noisy. There has been a diesel revolution since.

At the moment it seems to me that petrol (gas) is getting the lion's share of development cost investment. A lot of money has been invested in making diesel likeable ten years earlier.

The current crop of diesel powered cars available is good.

Some better than others - none are unpleasant.

Many are sensationally rapid with refinement that betters gas powered equivalents.

Hard to know where we are going really.