Ford Mondeo Overheating

C

crtlmnt

I have a Ford Mondeo 2010, petrol engine which has taking to erratic overheating. After I have been driving for 30 mins in peak hour traffic, the guage moves past its usual hlafway mark and moves to the red. (Usually when the air con is on). My first clue it is aboutto overheat is that the automatic gear change holds on to the gears much longer revving the engine much higher. As soon as I get moving the guage comes down and stays down from then on. If I cant get moving, I turn on my interior fan and blow hot air. This reduces the temperature noticably. DO I need a new fan?

Not familiar with your car BUT the basics still apply.

1 Is fan belt still in place OR if so is it too loose and slipping?
2 IF there is a separate for the A/C fan that should start when the A/C is on still operating?
3 Have you attempted to clean the radiator with good quality cleaner?
4 IF the fans are electric do they still work?
5 Are the thermo sensors that control electric fans faulty?
6 IF you decide to clean the radiator yourself remember to turn the heater ON.
7 Have radiator professionally cleaned .

Last edited:
Could be the water pump, is the water circulating or are there warm/cold spots around the cooling system?

I have a Ford Mondeo 2010, petrol engine which has taking to erratic overheating. After I have been driving for 30 mins in peak hour traffic, the guage moves past its usual hlafway mark and moves to the red. (Usually when the air con is on). My first clue it is aboutto overheat is that the automatic gear change holds on to the gears much longer revving the engine much higher. As soon as I get moving the guage comes down and stays down from then on. If I cant get moving, I turn on my interior fan and blow hot air. This reduces the temperature noticably. DO I need a new fan?
Did you find out what the problem was? I am having a similar issue.