Forced induction on a Fiat 128 SOHC 1.3 engine.

BNcar

Car
Laguna Coupe
Hi, I am looking for a budget increase in power on my modified overland vehicle. It is a Fiat 128 with 1.3 SOHC, 2 valve, aluminium head, iron block engine with a big bore and short stroke 86 x 55.5 mm and 9.20 to 1 compression ratio.
Nice and high quality engine, but with the increase of my wheel diameter, its 61 hp and 90 Nm torque just isn't enough for anything.

I have a VERY limited budget, as I am a student without a job. I can get a turbo from some small car second hand for about 150 euros, or I can get a supercharger from a mini cooper s for about the same. The plan is to use a carburetor.
Now, the questions are:
Should I use a decompression plate or leave the compression?

Should I use a supercharger?
If so, draw trough or blow through?

Should I use turbocharger ?
If so, draw trough or blow through?

I think I could pull off a blow trough application, the carburetors are simple Weber, and an enclosure, bigger secondary jets and new float should do the job properly. However this is all theory, so I need somebody with experience to tell me whether I am correct in my assumptions, and to give me some instructions.
I am looking for about 50 percent power increase, if it's possible.

Tools are not problem, as I have everything from the smallest wrench, to CNC machines and lathes, so I can fabricate everything I need.

Hi and welcome|B

I can recall the 128's as having hi revving motors so if it was my project then a belt driven charger appears to be the simplest way to go with a draw thru carby.

For starters I would make sure the fuel supply is up to the job and that the in tank pick up or pump is spotless and the lines clean and the pump is in good order.

With the extra power that will be available you will almost certainly need an LSD as wheel spin exiting tight uphill corners will be a problem.

Sounds like an interesting project so will be keen to see your project thru to completion.

Hi and welcome|B

I can recall the 128's as having hi revving motors so if it was my project then a belt driven charger appears to be the simplest way to go with a draw thru
I read somewhere that in a draw thru blower, the fuel will dissolve the oil in the blower and kill the charger quickly.
Can I use a blower from a bigger mercedes kompressor engine with a bigger pulley or should I try to find a smaller mini cooper s charger?