Focus RS #0333

Few quick pics now 333 is sitting a bit lower on KW V1's and had a wash. Engine bay needs a clean though!

020920111219.jpg

020920111216.jpg

210820111203.jpg

060820111173.jpg

040820111166.jpg

Could do with going a touch lower I think? Although it has settled a tiny bit lower since these pictures.

Thanks Roy.

Noooope! Probably won't get round to it until after xmas Brett unless a cheap RR day pops up.

Clutch is on borrowed time with this much torque according to all concerned. I think having only having done 40k and being standard all its life has helped it up to now, plus I'm pretty clutch sympathetic. Have a Sachs Race Engineering full face organic on the way as I cannot stand a paddle for road driving. Not cheap but can handle 400lbfts which is bloody good for a full face. Standard has been fine, had it slipping ONCE after some very enthusiastic driving so it must have got too hot, has been good as gold since.

any would be good :)
400 lbft is very good for a full face clutch, I can't find one for mine that will hold more than 280lbft, thats what i got now, might have to speak to some other people,

050920111229.jpg

050920111230.jpg

With the crap Bluefin map, and old worn fuel pump. Direct off actuator @ 20psi.

Did I tell you about the fuel pump? Had my cambelt done the other week and had my fuel pump changed for a Deatschwerks 300lph pump as I suspected old one was worn after this. Metal filings in bottom of tank from old pump. Also grabbed a new map and changed basemap to AE from AF and the bloke set the top channel in my boost controller up as I hadn't got round to doing it yet. Car is transformed yet again!

Sounds good to me, really does look like it needed a map the air fuel ratios were all over the place plus produces peak power early i would like to see the dyno results with the new map :)

So would I lol. I will get my man to check AFR's OTR when I get the clutch done then maybe turn the boost up to 24psi and get her RR'd then :D Peaks at 22.6psi atm but first and second are dramatic to say the least LOL. Sure I could turn the gain down so boost comes in more steadily but where's the fun in that :D:D:D

Looks very nice mate, a mate of mine has the most powerful MK1 RS in the country, he's called richard rollings.

How have I misses all this! :amazed:
I must have started comming on here just as this thread was dying down.
Sorry.

She is a beautifull mate. Like what you have done. I bet you can't wate to take her to a nice twisty track.

One of the best Mark1 RS's I have seen. Mucho respect :blink1:

Only just seen this as well must remeber to read the project page in future not just the new posts

That is one very nice RS ( and Im not normally a fan )

Looks very nice mate, a mate of mine has the most powerful MK1 RS in the country, he's called richard rollings.

Interesting. How powerful is it?

Thanks boys, the comments I get most are usually "I love these, much prefer them to the Mk2" and "I don't normally like these (or Fords) but I like yours". I know you pair have very good taste in motors so if you like it I must be doing something right lol.

Last edited:
Just looked on his facebook, yeah his car has GR performance sticker down the side, it has a side exit exhaust too, rims with a green lip around them.