Focus focus focus

Colacharlie

Car
Focus tdci 1.9Sport
Hi all.
Just waving at u all. I’ve got an 06 tdci 1.9 sport that I’ve used for commuting for years and she’s been so good to me and I love her (Fliss). I’ve decided to keep her forever and have around a thousand to spend. The body’s tatty (I like a sleeper) but she’s got nice suspension and tyres so it’s not one for some more speed.
Is the way to go- full exhaust (which one?) KnN air filter and a custom map?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

A remap is my top tip, the diesels don't give much gains on induction kits or exhausts because the factory ones flow really well. A panel filter may help the remap fully live.

Thanks Obi.

so the exhausts are okay?? Will a de cat do much?
I’ve got a panel filter already
Anyone know of a good place for a remap (somewhere reputable) down South? I’m near Gatwick airport myself n close to Brighton and London

Decat won't add much you only make a gain if there is a restriction and diesel engines don't rev high so airflow is not usually a problem unless you add a larger turbo and are pulling in a lot more air.

Celtic Tuning or JFA automotive are good bets for a Focus TDI. I've also hear good things about bluefin or something like that where a map is downloaded to a device you plug in and install yourself, but not had any experience with then, just chatting with a Ford chap the other day.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back