Focus 1.8 Owner just joined

Spotted your thread (eventually) so I moved it to the welcome section.

Hi there dave, good to have you along. What mods have you done to your Focus? What are your plans for it? Where abouts are you from?

Spotted your thread (eventually) so I moved it to the welcome section.

Hi there dave, good to have you along. What mods have you done to your Focus? What are your plans for it? Where abouts are you from?

Hi nice to meet you dude :)

Well at the moment I have not done to much in the engine department, spent to much time around the styling, but the engine so far has:

- Been remapped by superchips
- FSE Power Boost Valve
- AirFilter
- Straight through scorpion Exhaust system, 5"

I think it's around 125 -130 BHP at the moment.

My plans were to change the engine from a 1.8 & drop in the ST24 2.5 V6, but after much checking and planning, am not really sure because of the amount of work involved?

So I have opted to drop in a 2.0L BlackTop Zetec, Mods to be carried out will be:

- Change the Pistons for lower compression.
- Strenthen the lower end.
- Change the Camshafts.
- Change the Injectors.
- Change the MAF sensor
- New decent head gasket (May aswell get the head worked on well its off)
- Throttle body
- Supercharger, 10 Psi
- Oil cooler
- Remap

Will think off more I need to do along the way or if anyone can sugest anythink I have missed? Would be appreciated. I will be carrying the work out myself so it will prob take some time, will have a crack on my days off work :)

The 2L produces a nice 130Bhp standard, so I'm sure there is quite alot of potential from it?

Im unsure also if I should use my IB5 transmission from the 1.8 Or use the MTX from the 2L, will have to have a look into it? I'm not sure if the MTX was a stronger transmission.

Cheers everyone.

Wow - sounds quite impressive already! I bet it is fun to drive! I like your plans for a bigger engine! You'll have to post up some pics for us when you get to 10 posts.

They use the MTX boxes on a lot of Red top Cosworth applications so these seem to be the stronger boxes! If they can take that they can take anything!

How did you find us?

Cheers mate, yea it's quite a nippy hatch dude ;) Max's out at 130MPH not bad I suppose lol.

I'm going to be taking pictures as I'm doing the work bit by bit so will post it all up when done dude definately, 250BHP is my target so should be ok? Might even get more?

Ah so the MTX it will be then dude ;)

I was just browsing the net and came accross ur site man, wicked dude :)

welcome just a quick tip weight up the pros and cons of swapping there is a good thread on here somwhere about it you may find you can get the power you looking at from another engine that doesnt need as much work on it 250bhp in fwd will be fun though haha, new tyres and breaks are a must.

Hello there and welcome this sounds like a MAD project:twisted::evil:

Welcome to the forum youth. Plans sound good and top marks for going at it yourself. You'll crack 250bhp EASY with that sort of setup but if I were you I'd run standalone so you can bin the MAF and make sure all that extra fuelling is bob on, standard ECU probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back