Fly Eyes Kit

Has anyone seen these floating around? Dubious about the amount of light released but they state full MOT compliant in the UK. I'm going to put an order in anyway to use in my lighting projects.

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/index.php

Any thoughts?

Sadly this product isn't all its cracked up to be! It works great on flat surfaces but on curved areas it rips! So save your money;)

Just trying to find something that wont interfere with the reflector too much. I despise tinting spray so refuse to use that, but I'm working on making an impressive :)p) set of custom rear clusters.

I would love a set of nismo but they are stupidly expensive, and would rather kamikaze off Niagra falls than fit lexus style lights :amuse:

Majority of vinyl tints are for show use as well. Gutted.

an old skool trick for light tinting is to stretch a pair of 40 denier ladies tights over the light lenses, they stretch perfectly will fit to any shape and if you ladder them (ehem....) then just get some more. cheap simple and if you get in trouble for them with the rozzers just pull them off (but not with your teeth.......) :lol:

I saw that on one of those motorway police programmes, they really took the micky out of the driver & he looked very embarrassed when they made him pull the tights off... & the ones on the lights. :amuse:

I went down that route with my corsa b :embarrest:

Mistakes are there to be learned from :lol: I'm after a professional finish and will be disassembling the lights.

to be honest smoked/tinted lights aren't my cup 'o' tea, I'd just go with clear lenses and coloured (orange, for the indicators) bulbs all round. Making your own clusters sounds like a good idea how are you going to do that?

I'm not sure I'd label my micra project, other than to say that I'm producing an eye pleasing bespoke model with influence from the 350SR, Micra R and the impul compressor.

For the rear clusters Im taking the lens cover off, spraying the plastic inside and somehow (bring on fly eyes) dumbing down the red to make the rear look more smooth. I'll probably replace the bulbs with LEDs as well.

The front lights will be the most fun, again spraying plastic and incorporating carbon fibre and bulb upgrades with LED sides. I also thought about fabricating a type of 'angel eye' set up while the casing is open to go with the sidelights. But that's just on the drawing board :amuse: if I don't then I'll just go with DRLs moulded into my lower grille.

There some interesting micras out there ;) http://www.impul.co.jp/garage/FACTORY_COLLECTION_2011/110217_K12_P1030793_800.jpg

My mate's just done the head lights on his Octavia VRS & even though I'm not a fan I have to admit it doesn't look bad.
He used Lamin-X film on his, they do pre cut kits for a lot of cars but you have to order them from the USA, over here they just sell the film.

Last edited:
A bit concerned about doing headlamps in this stuff, in case there's a lack of heat dissipation causing melting of the plastic. Heard it happen often.

Looked at that Loz, looks good but wouldn't be sure if I would tint the headlamps anyway but would use it for fogs. Not seen on the website if it's okay for rear lights though

For my front lights my plan was to buy head lamp protectors and then tint them. But hdi pointed out to me to make them 100% legal they need to be removable with no tools. Which for me is fine cause I have light brows. which I can tuck them under securely.

Just another idea for you to mull over:)

hey here i did this on my vtr
img00016201002131132.jpg

i think they look ace, easy to fit, i would recommend removing the lights so you can over wrap them and they look neat, didnt rip or anything, i would recommend them

Last edited: