Flash tunes for 1.4 Megane GT Line?

MrBlue36

Car
Megane Gt line 1.4
Greetings,

For the past couple of months, I have been thinking of getting a flash tune for my 1.4 Megan GT Line. This is my first car and I have owned for about a year now, when I bought it I thought I would never do anything to it. After a couple of thousand miles, my confidence grew started to have short races here and there with some randoms but Golf Rs are packing twice as much juice as my Megi.

Thus I'm considering a flash tune. Now I know it won't be a huge difference but It will be a start. I have no real mechanical experience and if possible would like to avoid going to a garage for any installs as I would like to gain the experience in tunning and modifying cars. Since this would be a plug and play chip, the stock software would be backed up in case I need to get a check-up at a dealership.

The real question is, is it worth getting a flash tune? Any recommendations?

Regards,
Blue.

It will give you a lot more punch and is the most cost effective mod you can do.

I would expect power gains in the order of 30-50bhp depending on the map used and if there are any other mods.

A panel air filter, larger turbo, uprated injectors and fast road cam all work quite well on the 1.4 Renault turbocharged units, I'm guessing it's the TCe130.

Thank for the reply. Yes its the TCe130 and it's completely stock. For now I was just thinking of doing the ecu remap and now that you have mentioned it, the panel air filter. What about the cone filters?

For the mechanical mods I'll have to wait and save up a bit more money as my insurance is draining any income I have .

Do you have any recommendations for the remap? I have looked at a lot of them but not sure for which one to settle on.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back