Flames from the exhaust

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Low Riderz on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 10:17 am: Edit

How do I get blue flames from the exhaust like in the Fast & Furious Film.

By James on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:48 am: Edit

You need to run a rich fuel mixture, uprate the turbo and change the cam profile remove the cat - it needs to run at rally spec and then you will get flames on liftoff. This is not a street legal modification.

You can buy flamer kits that send fuel to the exhaust and then ignite it with a spark plug from a spare coil. (The flame is yellow/orange and very sooty!)

u can also move the timing belt one tooth dunno wich way but if u do that and take the cat off itll spit flames just make sure u check u aint hittin valves before u start her up or itll be new valves ur after not flames

Yo Novalad - welcome to torquecars and thnks for the tip. Tell us about you ride - we always interested to hear what people have done to thier motors.

I guess you tip will only work on twin cam engines with separate cam for exhaust. In theory though wouldn't this lose power from hte engine? I suppose you can't have everything!!

Saw a guy doing this in his Celica - he revved up turned off the engine with foot to the floor - switched on the ignition and a flame shot out - I guess he didn't have a cat :?

One of the worst things you can do to your engine as far as exhaust seals, gaskets and piston rings is rev it up turn it off, plant it and then turn it on. The pressure you get in the engine is emense. Hense the flames and you can pretty much make any early car do it weather it be tuned or not.

But i think your looking for something like this. Uprated exhaust, cams as said above, and NOS on throttle activation so when he decks it, it pumps extra fuel and NOS through the system lol. Check it out, no flame kit here lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WXXOmQnFU

I'd love something like that, would be great if you get people sitting in your boot at the traffic lights lol.

I was telling my cousin about this post and he burst out laughing and when i asked why, he said that he was at a show one time and someone had put flames from his exhaust.
The guy that had done this to his car was showing off, but his Mrs was standing to close and her coat caught fire! She started screaming and ripped her coat off, when the guy realised what had happened he jumped out the car and she started kicking 7 colours out of him for ruining her coat!!!.....lol :lol: :lol: :lol: