Fitting Sub and Amp.

All,

I have recently been brought a Vibe CBR 12" Twin EVO Active sub, amp, enclosure set and just had a few questions on it.

1) I was told that I should fit another battery to the car by a few mates, is this a good idea or should I not bother?

2) Should I get another amp? The spec states the max power is 3400 watts but looking on the Vibe website about the built in amp and looking at its spec seperatly, it states it only goes up to 500 watts (although I might be looking in the wrong place).

Any help on this would be much appreciated. And before anyone says anything, I know I have yet to get my car and this was only brought as a present (this and the wiring kit). I just wish to know the few details before it comes to getting the car and fitting it.

Thanks,

Corey.

a second battery and more powerful alternator are generally for bigger installs than just 1 sub and amp. a cheaper option for you would be a powercap this basically stores the energy and releases it when the amp calls for it

hope that helps mate :D

Guys, is power cap some sort of a capacitor???
yes mate

Will do! What would you recomend as a good earth?
when tn says a good earth he means make sure the earth cable is connected to the body of the car. i.e bare metal not on top of the paint work
if you go for a mk3 astra the best place i found was the bolt for the seat belt clips. also if you go for the astra i would recommend getting a power cap cause my little install used to make the lights dim. and my amp was only 500 watts peak;)

yes mate

when tn says a good earth he means make sure the earth cable is connected to the body of the car. i.e bare metal not on top of the paint work
if you go for a mk3 astra the best place i found was the bolt for the seat belt clips. also if you go for the astra i would recommend getting a power cap cause my little install used to make the lights dim. and my amp was only 500 watts peak;)

That to me says poor installation. ;)

All,

I have recently been brought a Vibe CBR 12" Twin EVO Active sub, amp, enclosure set and just had a few questions on it.

1) I was told that I should fit another battery to the car by a few mates, is this a good idea or should I not bother?

No don't bother,as your only running one amp I don't think you'll need to fit a second battery, a useful upgrade though is to fit an alternator from an equivalent diesel model, these are normally more heavy duty. As the guys have all ready said you might find a power cap useful if the lights dim a little when the stereo is cranked up high.
Do make sure you use a suitable having duty wiring kit for your sub (assuming Vibe haven't supplied one in the box.).

2) Should I get another amp? The spec states the max power is 3400 watts but looking on the Vibe website about the built in amp and looking at its spec seperatly, it states it only goes up to 500 watts (although I might be looking in the wrong place).

No, there's no point, you may have well just bought a basic box & amped it that way, T.B.H judging from the specs you'll have plenty of thump there! :bigsmile:

Speaker wattage: The specs are a little misleading, the big number, 3400w is the Peak Music Power Output (PMPO). The speaker can only deliver this for a very short time. The smaller rating 550w (called RMS) is what the speaker can safely produce continuously, as you have two speakers this will be 550W X 2 = 1100W.

Enjoy ;)