Fitting Lowering Springs. How hard?

Bertrum

Torque Junkie
Car
Mondeo Zetec S TDCi
As the title suggests really. I want to lower the Mondy 30mm and im toying with trying it myself or paying my local garage.

Now ive fitted new spring and shocks to the rear of mk3 golfs before but im thinking springs and shocks on the front of a car will be more difficult. am i right?

any guides?

for the meantime will probably just do springs. Only want a 20-30mm drop so it shouldnt stress the dampers too much.

than there is no problems at all..its all easy...but u need a tool(i dont know thw word in english)witch will tiden them so u can take them out,fit new ones and u done...if u had to remove dumpers it would be a bit harder....anyway some 45 min of work max....

than there is no problems at all..its all easy...but u need a tool(i dont know thw word in english)witch will tiden them so u can take them out,fit new ones and u done...if u had to remove dumpers it would be a bit harder....anyway some 45 min of work max....

Coil spring compressors. Ive got those.

I wondered if there was any model specific difficulties in removing the strut from the hub assembly to remove the spring. Or can i just jack the car up, wind in the spring, undo the top strut mountings and effectively lower the assembly down to make room for the spring to come off?

Im thinking i might just pay a garage to do it to be honest. At least they can align and track the wheels afterwards.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back