Fitting intercooler to 90hp 307 HDI

Jizzy

Hi has anybody fitted a intercooler to a 307 hdi 90hp. I've remapped it decat stainless steel exhaust K&N induction kit. I want to put a intercooler on but have no idea how they fit to the turbo thanks for your help.

The intercooler fits between the turbo and the intake manifold. It needs to cool the compressed air just after the turbo. Did the remap make much of a difference for you? Do you know what your power figures are? I doubt an intercooler will have much benefite especially in this colder weather.

The intercooler fits between the turbo and the intake manifold. It needs to cool the compressed air just after the turbo. Did the remap make much of a difference for you? Do you know what your power figures are? I doubt an intercooler will have much benefite especially in this colder weather.

It will make a massive difference if you get it remapped again to take advantage of it.

You'll see best part of 150bhp with the intercooler and another remap.

150 BHP???? from a standard 90 BHP start? i was going to remap mine but as above was looking into the charge cooling option just didnt realise how much difference in power this would make. is that and accurate figure?

Thanks guys

remap should push it to around 130 bhp on its own. fitting an intercooler will allow a denser air charge and ultimately more boost. where or not it would get to 150 is another thing with the decat and larger downpipe might allow it to get closer

I can't see an intercooler releasing that much BHP. Maybe with the boost turned up some and then a remap. But not with just an intercooler and a remap.

I was thinking of the remap to include upping the peak boost pressure. AFAIK the turbochargers on the 90 and 110 2.0 units are identical*. Since the boost pressure is under ECU control anyway then it should be possible to get similar post-remap figures.

*I will need to check this. I know that my 2.2 (DW12TED4) HDi used a variable geometry turbo, perhaps the 90bhp 2.0 unit has a fixed geometry one.

Yeah on a hdi 90 120hp is achieveable with a remap but with an intercooler and a full exhaust, turn up the boost full (hdi 90 uses a garrett GT15 turbo and max boost is about 20-22 psi) with a remap 150 bhp is easiley done ....