Fitting a wiring kit on a Peugeot 106

Tommo

Right atm im in the middle of fitting the wiring kit for my pug but ive come to a problem.

There isnt any room to drill through the bulk head, my mate knew this and suggested dropping the wires down behind the battery and drill a hole through the underside of the wheel arch, problem is i dont have a clue if theres anything important in that space im going to drill through!

Has anyone here fitted a system on a 106 pug? if so help would be great for position of holes beeded drilling.

Cheers

Tommo

Have you chekced down low near the accelerator and brake/clutch cables - if you can get to both sides easily it should be straightforward. (I've not done this on a 106 before but the footwell is a good bet and you can hide the cables under the bonnet.

Are you just trying to get power to your ICE? Was there a radio fitted before? Do you use the cigarette lighter if there is one?

ive taken out the standard radio and replaced it with my own headunit. wired that up all fine, its just the power to my ICE thats the bitch. and no i dont use it and yes i do have one lol. i mean it would be alot easier to buy a new batt and shove it in the boot but im tight on cash so guna run power from cars batt.

When you replace the battery get a larger capacity one with more cranking power. You might find one battery keeps going flat depending on how powerful ur system is. The wheel cavity is a good idea. Jack the car up on that side to give you more space to move around. Don't drill through the brakes or suspension though :? Fill the hole with mastic.

Otherwise as Waynne suggested drill through the bottom of the car in the footwell but again mastic the hole up to avoid rust and water damage.

ive already got a powercap its 2 farad. This will be plenty as my system consists of 2 10" JBL 1000watt , 300watt JBL 6x9s and a JBL CS300.1 460 watt amp. im just going to look now for a space by the footwell but i dont think my wiring kit will be able to reach from batt all way to boot.

if anyone has fitted a wiring kit on a peugeot 106 or know someone who has done it or has any good links please could you let me know?

Cheers

Tom

Hiya Tommo, i have fitted several wiring kits into 106's and saxo's and the best way to do it is to look in the engine bay, down behind the battery quite far down is a circular black washer, peirce a small hole in that and push wiring through (it will appear in the passenger foot well under the carpet, hope this helps.

Reactions: Loz
Hiya Tommo, i have fitted several wiring kits into 106's and saxo's and the best way to do it is to look in the engine bay, down behind the battery quite far down is a circular black washer, peirce a small hole in that and push wiring through (it will appear in the passenger foot well under the carpet, hope this helps.

Good one, I had a 106 many years ago & that's what I did too. :bigsmile:

Greetings and Welcome To Our TorqueCars Forum My Friend! :)