fitting a universal air filter to fiesta zetec.. HELP!

el gee

Car
Fiesta Zetec 1.4
I bought a universal air filter for my 2002 fiesta zetec 1.4. The filter says that it fits directly onto air intake (although there are no instructions or manual). Problem is, my fiesta looks like it needs a pipe so that the air filter will fit onto the air intake. Anyone got any ideas?

is your engine bay like this???
Image076.jpg

yeah! thanks for showin me that! i think iv sorted it out now. i didn't really explain properly. my air intake hose is completely missing. what i was asking was if it was possible to fit it with another sort of pipe, but i think my best option is to track down a ford air inlet pipe. i can't seem to find one though.

i am sure you could find on in a local scrap yard for a few pence,
or you could be posh and buy a replacement of samco or some one:)

hey, thanks for the help. i went to my local mechanic who managed to get hold of one for me in double quick time and now its all nicely fitted! :)

wayyyy we got another woman on here, just dont let prince know that lol

now get back to the kitchen ;)

glad you got it sorted out, why was the intake pipe missing anyway ?

thats the problem with universal parts. in the main it means fits bugger all anyway without work

it had been missing since i bought it. just suddenly clicked last week when I was like 'hang on, where's the ruddy big pipe that's supposed to be there?!'

mmm wondering did the previous owner have a big stinking induction kit on it
how was airbox fitted to it ? or was it just sucking in un filtered air ?

lady, not fella! hehe :toung:

i do apologise!
had i realised i would have said some thing like, ... im glad you got it sorted.....ummm.... lady??? is that better lol

ouch sounds nasty if it has been sucking in unfiltered air!

yeah, been suckin in air from the engine bay. my initial thought was that the previous owner may have had an induction kit. but i reckon the bonnet been replaced and maybe its got something to do with a crash.

is there any difference in the lights? one appearing to be newer than the other?
or any creases in the slam panel and along the insides of the wings where the bonnet would come down onto?
these would suggest a shunt.