Fit turbo in Stilo 1.6 16v?

andreist31

Car
Stilo 1.6 16v Dynam
Hello everybody,

I have my Stilo for quite a while now (over a year) and I've put quite a bit of effort and money in the engine (repairs and maintenance - coil packs, spark plugs, timing belt, alternator, a few others). I got to be honest I got attached to it, and knowing that I've put almost 1500 pounds in it since I've bought it I'm thinking of improving it as well. So I was thinking of adding a turbo on the engine.
Now I know there are a lot of things to think about when adding a turbo to a NASP engine, but that's why I'm asking you, the community. Is it feasible/worth the hassle? Will the engine support the higher compression rate (it's done 127k miles already, never had problems with the engine, no blown head gasket, nothing)?

Besides this idea (I don't want to put hopes in it for now), I want to install a K&N induction kit, how helpful will this be (mpg and bhp)?

Thank you all,
Andy

Now I know there are a lot of things to think about when adding a turbo to a NASP engine, but that's why I'm asking you, the community. Is it feasible/worth the hassle?

Easy answer is no. Once you have bought the turbo, manifold, probably intercooler, all the piping mapped the engine and changed what needs to be changed, you are looking to get verry little change out of £2500. Then you have the added worry of the engine. The reliability of it. Turn the turbo up to high and snap your cams, melt your pistons, bend your rods ect ect. It really isn't worth it sorry.

On the induction side, it might be worth it, along with an exhaust upgrade (not the best at selecting either of these for a NASP engine tbh) you may get an extra 10-15bhp. Your best bet is to buy a new engine and put that in. But if your like me, you wouldn't like that idea.

Sorry :sad2:

Oh, and hello and welcome :)

Easy answer is no. Once you have bought the turbo, manifold, probably intercooler, all the piping mapped the engine and changed what needs to be changed, you are looking to get verry little change out of £2500. Then you have the added worry of the engine. The reliability of it. Turn the turbo up to high and snap your cams, melt your pistons, bend your rods ect ect. It really isn't worth it sorry.

On the induction side, it might be worth it, along with an exhaust upgrade (not the best at selecting either of these for a NASP engine tbh) you may get an extra 10-15bhp. Your best bet is to buy a new engine and put that in. But if your like me, you wouldn't like that idea.

Sorry :sad2:

Oh, and hello and welcome :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I kind of imagined that was the case with the turbo from what I've read before, but wanted to see someone else's opinion as well. I think I'll drop that idea as it's def not worth it. As for buying a new enigne, I would prefer getting a different car that has turbo on it from the beginning, but as I said I got attached to my stilo...

When I get my next payslip I'll get the induction kit. I've laid eyes on the K&N 57i induction kit, with is around £60-70. Don't know yet about the exhaust, will have to research. Maybe someone around here has any ideas abt what exhaust upgrade I could be looking for?

Thanks again,
Andy