First thing you do when you get a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the first thing you do when you get a car? Some people go for a long drive (probably what I do most), others clean and valet it and then go to the accessory store for mats/tax disc holders etc... Others will just show the car to their mates and drive around to each friends house.

What do you tend to do when you first get a car?

I don't often 'get' cars. I'm in the unfortunate majority who have to buy them.

And I keen them such a long time that it really doesn't matter. I've always bought nearly new until I got the 406 which was nearly 4 yrs old when I acquired (bought it). But it came from a dealer and so everything was in order. Bought some decent mats (3rd party, Pug ones are pricey) and that was it really. Apart from subjecting it to a remap after I'd had it a year (still with two year's warranty left mind).

I'm not really precious about cars to the point i'll clean and polish much more than once a year but I do keep servicing done on time, tyres brakes etc. in top condition. This is perhaps helps with the longevity of the cars I have.

Normally take her for a good spin and see wat it can do nothin better than goin for a spin in a car you just bought :lol:

Usually when i get a car, theres always something to be done to it, like it seems to be that every car i buy is at the mileage where its due a timing belt, so i end up bringing the car home, ordering a belt and in the case of some cars take off the bumper :( nothing worse than having the rip your new car but sur' has to be done!! haha

I tend to sort out the tax and insurance first, then take it to a petrol station and fill it up, then go for a drive to a few mate's houses to show it off.

typically buy cars from the acution so once they are back at home firstly check all the fluids, brakes, tyres and get under the car to see what it looks like. then of for a drive,

Prior to collecting any car I would normally have already got the deal done and all documents so road legal before setting off. Once home I give them the once over, check everything. Put in my personal lucky charm then give it a clean if need be. After that have a look through the owners handbook to get familiar with all the controls and 'hidden' ones. Then off for a drive getting myself set for a comfortable ride.

install new head unit speakers sub and amp (sound like a right little ricer)

i think my priorities are different to you lot!!!:embarrest: