First Engine Mod 2013 X5M

Boatguy

Car
2013 E70M
Hi All New Bee here!:)
I have a 2013 E70 BMW X5M and have been wanting to get a little more out of the motor......would you all out there agree that catless downpipes and tune is the way to start

Hello and welcome |B

I would advise checking with your local authorities as to weather you can legally remove the cat as it may render the car unroadworthy and you may be fined if caught .

In the event of a crash a catless exhaust can and will if found give your insurer a reason to cancel your policy as it will in most jurisdrictions be illegal.

It is always wise to discuss any modifications that you intend or would like to do with your insurance company BEFORE you do them and get their WRITTEN approval as they need to know what exactly they are being asked to cover.

Is this the S63B44T2 engine, in which case a remap is the best place to go if you want a reliable low cost massive power hike.

Sports cats will improve flow but you won't have a restriction in your exhaust unless you've added a lot more power (extra 100hp and 100 nm of torque).

Oh and hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, thank you for joining us and hanging out. I hope you find the site useful.