First drag race!

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
I just got back from my first ever drag race.... And it sucked! I didn't know which way to properly launch being an auto, so I did the neutral-drive thing. I only won once, but lost like 5 times, and then it rained and they canceled it. Afterwards my friend showed me the proper way to launch: The power brake. After I started doing that, the car was so amazing, I never knew how fast it was until then:amazed:. Then I proceeded to scare the #!#!#!#! out of him by doing donuts in the parking lot, then driving off the road in the grass, and when I dropped him with his friends, I launched again and drifted in a wide arc across the entire parking lot! My question is: If you are powerbraking, what components are worn down, and after doing somethng similar, does anybody have that feeling that you and the car are one and the same, or is that just me?

It's not about what you beat. It's about the times you get, and bettering them.

Hard launching normally kills your clutch primarily, but your gearbox also takes a bashing. I've known people (running quite highly modded cars) blow holes in their housings and spit bits of diff all over the strip.