Fine Tuning a '59 Plate Corsa SXI 1.4

TJ2312

Car
'59 Corsa SXI 1.4
Im new to this forum and need some help/advice im in the process of buying a new vauxhall corsa on finance, only the 1.4 SXI model however i want to know of any engine mods i can do that wont be noticeable to the naked eye or unless you actually drive the car, obv if the car goes in for a service i dont want it to invalidate the warrenty because ive pissed around with the engine so im looking for anyone who knows what i can do to the car to make it run with greater power n torque so ive got the insurance bills of a 1.4 but the power of a 1.6+ im not in the best of finances so please dont suggest spending 5-10k on it but something subtle but effective... any ideas?

Not a good idea mate. Firstly you'l invalidate your warranty, secondly if you don't declare mods to insurers you'll be driving illegally. If you're in an accident you could face prosecution and you'll get nothing from the insurers.

I've gotta ask though, why buy a 2009 1.4 Corsa on finance? Surely you could get a much better car for that kind of money?

I can only really reiterate what Prince has said already about telling insurers, pretty much all mods are evident when the engine starts up and a claims assessor will spot this as will Vauxhall.

As far as invisible mods go that are worth doing on a 1.4 there are not alot.

Fast road cams, polishing, porting and big valves are not visible but quite a bit of work.