finally out of limp home mode !!

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
took the car to kia yesterday to get the fault codes read. Came back with a cam shaft sensor fault. they tested the sensor and it was working fine so cleaned the sensor and connections and plugged it in and started the car and it rev'd past the magic 2700 with the injection and turbo kicking in. Came to a cost of £78.

On another note, a quick question, when the temperature was really low, my car seemed to use more fuel than usual ? Is this fine ? I thought cold air was a good thing for an engine ?

So, for the future, my plans are : (not in the order Im writing BTW)
Get a new radio with Bluetooth etc as the kenwood DVD/TV thing that is in there is less than useless
Get new passenger window runner so it can open/shut
Clean bodywork as it has a few scrapes etc
Install rear parking sensors as it is really awkward to park
Investigate if it is worth fitting a bigger intercooler
Get the interior lights working
Fit new brakes front and back (discs and pads on front, shoes and cylinders on rear)
Book a pre MOT before next month
New alloys as the current 15's look small IMO
already spoken to Mr Bentley about a remap ;)

sure there are more things that will crop up, but this list is not conclusive as with all mods Time and ££££ will depend.

That all sounds marvellous buddy |B

Well with regards to the extra fuel consumption Gee, if it's anything like my Saab then it is deliberate. Saab map the ECU to produce a richer fuel mixture when it is cold to make the idling easier until the car reaches running temperature.

my thoughts exactly T9. Fair play to kia, they will plug it back in for nothing and make sure it is that. Ive tried pricing the sensor and its ranging from £15 to £50. hope its the former.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back