Finally got a 3rd car.

kain35m

Torque Junkie
Car
'85 Mustang Gt 5.0
The Cobalt has been messed up due to a crappy mechanic and we're tired of chasing problems and being stranded. We didn't want to get rid of it.

It's an awesome car and it's as fast as we need it to be. It's just that fixing problems, getting stuck on the side of the road (or in the middle of the highway with a semi(lorry) barreling down on you @ 80mph! "Well, God....it's been fun. Thanks for the ride...") It was getting old. Seriously.

So, we bought a new car. We would have bought a car right around now anyways because we want a 4 door for the baby. Just wish the circumstances had been different.

So. Down to the meat. What did we get?

A 97 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT non-turbo. Silver, Ok condition. 165bhp 166tq

Engine, trans, awd, tires, brakes,etc. are being checked by subie tomorrow, but all seem to be in good working order.

stereo system is kinda nice. Poineer deck w/aux input, pioneer speakers all around. No space-consuming subs. The left side speakers don't seem to work.

5 speed. Who wants an automatic?

Much more fuel efficient, better for winter, warmer, prettier, and more comfortable than the mustang. In general, a better DD.

nowhere near as fast as the balt. Nowhere near as new, or as nice, or as fast, or as pretty, or as fun to drive, or as cool, or as fast as the Cobalt.

$2800
smile.gif
Not too bad if you ask me.

Plans for all 3 cars? (duration of ownership....not immediate)

Mustang: pure race car. Never needs to be seen on the road unles on it's way to a track. will probably stop modding around 350-425whp (Either H/C/I NA or SC 7-10 psi)

Cobalt: once fully functional, will be my weekend warrior. street legal, but fast as hell. still comfortable. Fun to take on dates with the wife and be seen around town. Probably never stop modding. hoping for 300whp on m62. then sell SC setup for turbo swap and hope for over 500whp. If I reach that, then bump up the boost and see if I can hit 700+....Ah, dreams.....

Subie: DD. NO mods. drive it til the wheels fall off. Then probably buy an SUV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw my first Mustang in quite some time yesterday in central London; all red with dual white stripes down the middle. What a noise that thing made ;)

Doesn't sound too bad mate. Have you got those Mustang pictures yet? I really want to see it! :D

Oh, yeah. I completely forgot. I'll get one to you right now...

It sounds like a good buy to me. How long will you be keeping it?

I'll probably either keep it forever, or maybe until the cobalt is paid off. Then I may trade it for an SUV or something "American" like that :p :bigsmile: :D :amuse:

I saw my first Mustang in quite some time yesterday in central London; all red with dual white stripes down the middle. What a noise that thing made.

There's one around my way I see every now and again. It looks AWESOME! I just wish it had 'proper' suspension though.

I'll probably either keep it forever, or maybe until the cobalt is paid off. Then I may trade it for an SUV or something "American" like that :p :bigsmile: :D

I noticed your 'American' taste in cars!

For anyone who doesn't know my cobalt:
PappaJula2010155-Copy.jpg

That looks quality mate! One of the few Chevy's I like! Is it an SS or does it just look like one? It's a shame we don't get the Cobalt in the UK. We get the Mtaiz instead :lol:.

Last but not least, old faithful:
mustangfolder010.jpg

Ourmustangburnout.jpg

Some elevensies for you :D :amuse:

So much potential dude! I think we need full on project threads so we can all stay updated.

Last edited:
There's one around my way I see every now and again. It looks AWESOME! I just wish it had 'proper' suspension though.

I noticed your 'American' taste in cars!

That looks quality mate! One of the few Chevy's I like! Is it an SS or does it just look like one? It's a shame we don't get the Cobalt in the UK. We get the Mtaiz instead :lol:.

So much potential dude! I think we need full on project threads so we can all stay updated.

The cobalt is an SS. Supercharged. Mod list? sure:

Ported supercharger
2.7in supercharger pulley
80lbs/hr injectors (~800cc)
dual pass intercooler
ZZP stage 3 heat exchanger
Polyurethane trans mounts
exedy stage 1 clutch
Magnaflow catback
lightly ported head
3 angle valve job
decked head and block (.1 higher compression)
9.1:1 compression
17psi boost
~290whp ~270wtq
over 300bhp tho :)

Next on the build: forged pistons, better rings(I keep getting tons of blow-by), shorty header, and/or sell supercharger setup and go turbo. 20psi on a turbo on a similar build shoule be almost 100whp more than I'm getting now. Plus, with the right turbo, and forged internals, I should be able to make over 700whp....but that's in the distant future...lots of money. lots of time. baby on the way...

The cobalt is an SS. Supercharged. Mod list? sure:

Ported supercharger
2.7in supercharger pulley
80lbs/hr injectors (~800cc)
dual pass intercooler
ZZP stage 3 heat exchanger
Polyurethane trans mounts
exedy stage 1 clutch
Magnaflow catback
lightly ported head
3 angle valve job
decked head and block (.1 higher compression)
9.1:1 compression
17psi boost
~290whp ~270wtq
over 300bhp tho :)

Next on the build: forged pistons, better rings(I keep getting tons of blow-by), shorty header, and/or sell supercharger setup and go turbo. 20psi on a turbo on a similar build shoule be almost 100whp more than I'm getting now. Plus, with the right turbo, and forged internals, I should be able to make over 700whp....but that's in the distant future...lots of money. lots of time. baby on the way...

Sounds impressive mate! You could always use a smaller pulley to extract more power. 17psi seems quite high on a S/C though. When I convert my BMW (using a roots style 'charger) I'll only be running around 8psi.

Sounds impressive mate! You could always use a smaller pulley to extract more power. 17psi seems quite high on a S/C though. When I convert my BMW (using a roots style 'charger) I'll only be running around 8psi.

Exactly. I am probably going to sell my SC setup and go turbo. I won't lose too much money in the process. 17psi won't put a strain on a decently sized turbo, and then, as long as I build the motor right, I can crank the boost up to 30-40psi and make some real power. hahaha