Finally, a use for my inspection camara/endoscope

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I bought this from T9-man some months ago, even years, and finally used it in anger today.

We went to Santa Pod on Saturday to do some shake down runs with my friends V8 Pop.

It didn't run as expected and and started to smoke on the left side. On pulling the plugs we discovered that one was wet. We checked the plug and lead (both working) so we knew something more substrantial was wrong. We ran 11.1, a good 1/2 second slower than our last visit.

I took the rocker cover off this mornnig and discovered the problem. The inlet pushrod for piston 7 was missing! The rocker bolt had worked loose and the cam follower had also popped out of position. luckily, I then remembered that I had the inspection camera so dug it out (It is OK now, thanks T9). I quickly located the push rod under the inlet manifold and recovered it with a magnet. I also managed to put the follower back so all we have to do tomorrow is replace pushrod (very slightly damaged on end) and reset the lash.

Last edited:
Wow, fantastic news! Glad the gadget came in handy OG :bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is using technology! I bet that saved a fortune in engine strip down and examination costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it could only be in there (between inlet manifold and top of the block, but until I could locate it I couldn't get it out. Once I knew where it was, it was a relatively simple process to retrieve it with a magnet on a stick

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back