finally a new Fiesta RS Turbo owner :)

right everyone after the sale of the previous car fell through (less said the better) :wall:
i had a great bit of luck and dropped on this motor from a cracking guy from up cumbria :god:
its totally different spec wise to the white one i was going to get and i actually prefer that if im honest as its a lovely base to make a great car from and not ruin the oe looks/charm of it too much. :top:

its a 1990 car in red
totally standard engine wise apart from a receipt for some form of hybrid turbo
stainless system
lowered suspension
had a resto a few years ago and is in great shape nice and solid in all the usual areas.
also had an engine rebuild a few years ago

the car has not been on the road since 2014 but the current owner took the car for a pre mot on monday and it failed on the following

emissions too high
handbrake cable needs adjusting
spare wheel needs a tyre
one headlight not working
reverse light switch intermittent

and that was it so the plan is to give the car a real good full service including the following

oil and filter
ht leads and denso ik27 plugs
fuel filter
uprated frst fuel pump
coolant change
drive belt
cam belt and water pump kit
new set of wipers all round
new set of bulbs all round

the owner also informs me that the turbo will need a rebuild which is not a problem as it will go to my mate wilky for the said work and possibly a bit more of his magic work.

i also have my other mate who is a professional detailer booked in for the end of march to give the car a full paint correction detail and interior valet etc etc so the car will look spot on once done.

the plans are then to refit rebuilt turbo and then get the car an m.o.t. once this is done ill be calling msd for one of there set up sessions and if all well followed by there stage 3 conversion on the same day :)

looks wise with the car i dont really want to change anything apart from i think its crying out for the period 4" tailpipe on there :DD:

anyway enough babbling from me for now here are a few pics for you all

bodywise there are no plans other than to have the paintwork corrected and the bonnet painted.

sensible engine mods will be carried out for a nice hike in power :)

well M.O.T day is finally here and the car is all ready to go been running it up over the last few nights to clear some of the oil out the exhaust system from the old turbo failure.

also had time to give the car a quick wash and really quick go over with ag srp defo made an improvement i think you will agree :)

Good luck Andy |B

Thanks matey its there now were just having some breakfast and stocked up on beers for later on haha.
Going have a day detailing the car i think.

And the drive to the station was amazing drives lovely boosts really well and sounds great.
My son lennon loves it as well. Oh yeah iv already had an offer to buy it haha

Oh yeah iv already had an offer to buy it haha

:cool:

Resist any temptations to sell Andy, that car is gorgeous and it's all down to your hard work ;)
As a consolation, offer to let the person ride in the car from time to time as a treat :)

well heres the long awaited update from yesterday

the car failed the mot but really on nothing major

failed on the following
handbrake below efficiency
rear brakes imbalanced/uneven 62%
then 2 anti roll bar link dust covers and one ball joint dust cover deteriorated
steering rack gaiter split
it also requires 2 bits of welding on subframe and rear axle.

this didnt dishearten me at all as it was nice to finally drive the car and we certainly did a great job of setting the fuelling it flew through all the emissions tests.
the car drove lovely and the new turbo really does work well i only gave it a couple of tickles as i want make sure its set up properly before going mad.

i also had my 1st offer to buy the car within 5 mins of being out in it :)

got various pics throughout the day

with its big brother before heading to mot

little lennon getting his 1st ride in the RS

at the mot station

on the way back

finally back at home for the 1st time since iv owned it

my goddaughter has staked a claim for the car already

amazing trip. thanks for the pictures mate. how did the car handle, and does it stick you to the seat when you push the gas? honestly I love this car. there is nothing I would change on this, except add some OZ racing white rally wheels.

well after what seems an eternity i finally have an update

yesterday we finally fitted the following
x2 anti roll bar link
x1 track rod end
x2 steering rack gaitors
x1 handbrake cable
x2 rear brake cylinders
x2 set of new rear brake shoes

so apart from the welding its ready to go for mot :) hopefully have it in for welding either end of this month or start of next.

also had my mate ryan frm r&k detailing do a 3 stage correction on the car its come up much better but he was adamant it all needed wet sanding to get a top finish but that was outta the question due to costs etc.

here are a few pics not the best

oh also my mate karl took a quick video of me turning the car around :)
http://vid428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/bluntyn40/Mobile Uploads/2016-06/VID-20160611-WA0000_zpsyzu9clod.mp4

can you fix the things that failed in the MOT and do the MOT again? little lennon was cute, and so is your goddaughter lol, kids are amazing.

hi mate so sorry iv only just seen this reply, as you can now see via my last update we finally fixed all the things bar the welding, this is booked in for fri 22nd july as im off work that day.

cheers lennon loves his motors and olivia is always bugging me to go and sit in the car when she comes around.

Sounds gorgeous Andy ;)

cheers pal not the best of vids but gives an idea, not sure if you caught the 'yes' at the end haha

right then everyone iv finally got around to updating this thread.

first of all the car is now fully road legal as it obtained a fresh m.o.t on tuesday this week :) not one single advisory so very happy with that.

i have over the weeks purchased a k&n open cone filter and hel turbo oil feed as mine is suffering from the usual blocked/kinked feed.

also i have purchased my tickets for the rsoc national day at donington park this month and my car will be on one of the stands there :)

my good mate karl visited last week in his amazing 3dr cosworth so we had to take some pics in my street, this was just after my paintwork had been corrected by r&k detailing, many hours later and the results are very impressive.

plans are now to get it taxed next saturday and get out there for some boosting :)

How much, if you don't mind me asking, did the paintwork correction cost? Thinking about getting this done myself.

How much, if you don't mind me asking, did the paintwork correction cost? Thinking about getting this done myself.

hi mate it was done at sort of mates rates, but it had extensive work including alot of wet sanding etc even used a denim pad on the roof.

if it was full price id imagine it would of been around £600-700 which is still a hell of alot cheaper than a respray

well there goes my plans of getting out and finallly using the car, only went and broke my left ankle on tuesday evening absolutely gutted
icon_sad.gif

got a few decisions to make now as im going be off work for some time and obviously bills etc need paying

Sorry to hear the bad news Andy :( Don't even think of selling that RS! I am sure you will find a way to get through this |B

I went back the fracture clinic yesterday iv got to have an op on friday as long as the swelling has gone down.
Been signed off work for at least 12 weeks.

Ouch and double ouch! :(
Tell you what, I will do an extra lucky dip on the Lotto for tonight and Saturday night, if it comes in then assistance from me is assured :)

right then fellas im now on the road to recovery and go back hospital on friday to get this plaster removed/stitches removed and a lightweight plaster fitted :)

anyway i thought i would give a much more interesting update for you all. i have decided on the spec for my engine build that will be done over winter and hopefully complete by april 2017 :)

this is as follows
airtec stage 2 radiator in satin black
http://www.airtec-cooling.co.uk/product/stage-2-50mm-core-airtec-fiesta-rs-turbo-all-alloy-radiator/

airtec stage 1 fmic in satin black
http://www.airtec-cooling.co.uk/pro...o-stage1-single-pass-front-mount-intercooler/

newman cam kit (by far the best cam for the cvh turbo) i will also have to add vernier pulley,mechanical followers,valve springs and follower adjuster to that.
http://www.burtonpower.com/newman-camshaft-sprint-ford-cvh-turbo-1-6-forc-276-409t.html

cnc ported head
http://www.cncheads.co.uk/?p=731

boostmonkeys ofam ecu
http://www.boostmonkeys.co.uk/ofam-engine-control-module.html

the ecu is an absolute bargain and makes life so much easier as its just a case of removing old ofac ecu and plugging this one in its place, the mapping will be done by mike at mikeanics in congleton, hes a top guy and really knows his stuff with mapping and engine building.

this lot with around 16-18psi boost should see me reach around 200bhp and similar torque (who knows maybe more) my turbo will be the limiting factor which is something that can easily be changed down the line if i want to go for over 250bhp etc

Well haven't we been busy then :lol:
A nice looking setup that Andy, glad to see your time off has been spent productively ;)
Looking forward to those future updates buddy :)

Well haven't we been busy then :lol:
A nice looking setup that Andy, glad to see your time off has been spent productively ;)
Looking forward to those future updates buddy :)

i have mate its been giving me something to focus on and to stay positive for etc. we will fit all the parts the only thing i wont do is the mapping of the ecu.
i did forget it will also need an uprated clutch and fuel pump/injectors

sorry for the lack of updates but as you know theres not been much at all going on with the car due to my ankle.
although i did manage to get a proper top boost hose (had a cossie airbox hose on there) and fitted my k&n open cone filter and breather filter. were going to try and tidy the engine bay up a bit over winter as well

finally got around to putting a small vid of one of the 1st drives in my street after we got the engine etc sorted, was still on oe airbox here.

just thought i would let you know that all being well tomorrow morning this 2nd plaster comes off for good and then the work begins to get my ankle back up to strength with physio etc etc.

So this just happened. Iv just been able to move the car for the 1st time since breaking my ankle in August. I had the plaster off last friday so iv only just begun the road back to getting back upto strength so i really shouldnt of done this but hey ho haha :)

I know it wasnt far at all but to me it seems like a huge step forward :) had it running for 20 mins and pumped all the tyres up iv gotta say its one real sweet cvh engine.

need to get my rear ford badge and scorpion 4" rear box fitted asap.

It is a real credit to you Andy that's for sure |B Now get back inside, put you're feet up & chill like you are supposed too ;)

It is a real credit to you Andy that's for sure |B Now get back inside, put you're feet up & chill like you are supposed too ;)

thanks alot mate really appreciate it.

funnily enough the wife had something similar to say to me but it was a bit more to the point haha. Im in and resting again watching fast n loud/wheeler dealers/car sos :) you get the idea haha

So as im meant to be taking it easy, my good mate karl offered to give my car a clean for me and get it covered up in the garage ready for winter. Also finally fitted a ford badge on the rear which it was defo missing looks wise.

nothing exiting about these but it was good to be able at least help to some extent.

hi everyone this is probably the most enjoyable update yet since iv owned the car
icon_smile.gif

i decided to tax the car earlier this month, as you know iv been recovering from a broken ankle since August and im now finally not far off being recovered.

anyway yesterday was the day that the car finally got to go out for a bit of a drive, i didnt really go on a big drive as such as iv got take it easy with how much i do driving wise still. I probably did a total of around 20 miles went to put some super unleaded in her first thing, then went to pick my son up from nursery and visited my parents in the evening
roi.gif

i must say i was very impressed with how the car drove and it certainly felt like it enjoyed being out having some cobwebs shaken off it, this might sound weird but when i pulled the car back in drive/garage it sounded much happier/healthier
icon_mrgreen.gif

I am hoping to use it a bit more over winter if the snow and grit stays away anyway and id like to get the scorpion rear box fitted and pop her on a set of rollers to see whats what power/fuelling wise etc.

We are off to the cholmondeley castle rallyfest on saturday (part of the wales gb wrc) im undecided if to go in the fiesta yet as its a bit of a drive and ill be doing alot of walking about so my ankle will be twice the size of normal .V(

Marvellous news Andy, I know what you mean by
this might sound weird but when i pulled the car back in drive/garage it sounded much happier/healthier
icon_mrgreen.gif
I swear the car is more upbeat after we come out of the valeters! Note to self, get a check up from the neck up T9 :lol:

Look forward to the next exciting episode |B