Films with dubbed engine sounds

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on films where engine and tyre sounds have been dubbed in after the footage was shot.

There are some instances I've noticed where humble cars sound like they have v8 engines and a car stopping without skidding sounds like someone has performed a doughnut!

Have you noticed this? If you listen out for it you will and I'm sure it will annoy you too.:D

I know that in The Fast & The Furious and I suspect the Italian Job remake they used motorbike engines for the noise. Pretty disappointing, I thought, those cars should make a nice enough roar anyways

pulp fiction where harvey kietel drives off in the nsx, pure dubbed when he turns the corner

I know that in The Fast & The Furious and I suspect the Italian Job remake they used motorbike engines for the noise. Pretty disappointing, I thought, those cars should make a nice enough roar anyways

That's true of most films.

They use motorbike engines so that you get more revs (and thus more noise) for the speed that is being travelled at. Think they also benefit from being lighter, which means that they can do stunts more easily.

Other tricks include taking the body off and turning it through 180 degrees for a car that can drive fast in reverse.

It's probably worse when they play loud music over the delicate symphony of a supercharged V8 screeching around corners.

That's true of most films.

They use motorbike engines so that you get more revs (and thus more noise) for the speed that is being travelled at. Think they also benefit from being lighter, which means that they can do stunts more easily.

Other tricks include taking the body off and turning it through 180 degrees for a car that can drive fast in reverse.
just as you said it i clicked

i was in disneyland paris oct last
there was this event called auto action, 1 of the coolest things ive ever seen
they actually show you how they make car chase scenes in films

they had opel corsa cars that were driven by bike engines
they were also rear wheel drive, and very fast

now something you probably didnt know
when performing reverse stunts, they actually had another car that was set up for this,

the back of the car is actually the driving position, so its actually driving foward, even though we see it as reverse

i wish to god the batteries didnt go in the camera, id love to show ye this
after watching this, a film will never be the same again

Blade. He had a 1968 Dodge Charger and that was clearly dubbed! Shame really, when the best thing about the yanks is they can bring us is a meaty good sounding car, and yet they dubb it!