Fiesta mk3 1.3 advice...

schizzoide21

hi! i'm a proud owner of a 1995 mk3 1.3 fiesta...it's a great car for me, unless the 53 hp that are under the bonnet :( . so...i'd like to tune it a bit, something cheap however. a new sport back it's on the way from ebay :p and i considered to put a K&N panel air filter (i'd like to put a direct air filter but in italy is illegal :evil:). my question is what will you do now to the car? i don't know if remapping will be worth (i think the 2-3 BPH arent worth the, at least, 300 €) but if u say me that the gain is good i can think on it.

what do you think of it? http://cgi.ebay.it/FORD-Power-Incre...ryZ32094QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
it seems fine...but i don't know if it will actually work. i use this car daily...so i need something reliable and i'd like to increase the bottom end torque instead of the high torque...

thx for the help guys and sorry for my crap english :oops:.

Sorry to sound down mate but this sounds like the resistors that basically make the car think that its still cold therefore keeps the choke on. so more fuel is burnt

a remap would do the same for more money but your engine will love you more for it again your talking a couple of BHP

Back boxes will hardly add any power just more noise better to get the whole system changed

Paul said:
didnt realise it was illegal to fit a induction kit in italy, seems a bit stupid when you look at some of the cars that come out of italy

have you thought of an engine change??

Welcome to TorqueCars. An engine swap does look like the best option to me. The trouble with lower power engines is that it costs so much money to get any sort of noticable power gain. You can make the car more fun for the Twisty roads by lowering/stiffening the suspension.

waynne said:
Welcome to TorqueCars. An engine swap does look like the best option to me. The trouble with lower power engines is that it costs so much money to get any sort of noticable power gain. You can make the car more fun for the Twisty roads by lowering/stiffening the suspension.

swapping an engine in italy is obviously illegal... :lol: . we don't have the mot test you have..so we can only change the exaust (if it's street legal) and change your air filter to a panel one. it's quite frustrating...

lowering the car and put on some 14" wheels is what i'm about to do...of course you can ask me why 14...and i'll tell u that is the largest wheel diameter legal in italy for a fiesta :evil:.

have you thought about telling the police its a ferrari in drag and fitting the something like the f40 engine :lol:

what a country and i thought our government was hard on drivers

what happens if one of us were to drive over there in a modified fiesta something along the lines of a cosworth engine huge body kit big loud induction kit ear splitting dump valve racing exhaust and sitting on 20" wheels (ok probably not possible but lets go with it)??????????

does italy allow kit cars ?

if so have you though of modifying enough of the car to claim its a kit car

Many construction and use conditions apply in the country of registration. Obviously dangerous problems can be picked up on. I know some people who registered their car in the UK because of our relaxed laws and then exported the car to their original country :wink:

m8 your best bet to get your car to go faster, would be to strip the car out, get rid of any excess weight that you dont need! you dont need any money just some basic tools and this can improve the cars handling aswel!