Fiero 4.3V6 swap

MisterHolaMan

Torque Junkie
Car
none
Okay, now I'm getting really sick of the Fiero's engine. Now after putting some money into it (New oil, better spark plugs, starter fluid) the engine has decided not to start anymore. Then the thought crossed my mind again. What's stopping me from putting a good engine in it? I had been playing with the thought of a Honda engine for a while now, but that would be one heckuva wiring disaster. I HATE WIRES. So now I'm looking into a 4.3 out of the s10. My main beef is how to connect that to the transmission. Does anyone know of any transmission adapters, or what adapters from other engines would work?

sorry nor me can you not get the fiero v6 as that should just sit in the hole nicey

why not changing the car mate?

I don't want to get another stupid Fiero engine 'cause they are waay too underpowered. I need something with a little more kick, easier to find, and cheaper. Plus it'll be good in winter with extra weight on the rear tires, and it has more tuner parts available.

And I'm definitely NOT changing the car. I bought this car to do some work on to end up with a nice car, it just needs some tlc first! :rolleyes: After some work, I will own when I roll up to school in it. People'll be like :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Have you tried a website dedicated to the Fiero? You'll probably find several folks who've made the change, and know (a)what engines will fit, and more usefully (b) any problems that you'll encounter.