Torque Cars

Fiat Punto mk2 1.2 16v Exhaust fitting

Discussion in 'Other makes and models' started by Yhammerz, 31 December 2013.

1. Yhammerz

Yhammerz Newbie

England
    Car:
    Punto mk2 ELX 16v
    Hi, this is going to sound lame but I'm completely new to cars...I recently purchase a Fiat Punto 1.2 16valve ELX. I really want to put a cherrybomb back box on it but have no idea how I can do it, I looked at the exhaust diagram and it doesn't look like I can simply slide the old back box off and replace it with a cherrybomb due to the bent pipe on the rear of the old back box..I'm puzzled as to how I can get around this! Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Well they do Cherry Bomb mufflers without the tail pipe, so just buy one of those and put it further back along the exhaust system. Then just remove the rear back box and replace it with a straight piece of pipe and a nice exhaust tip.

Last edited: 31 December 2013
  3. Yhammerz

Yhammerz Newbie

England
    Car:
    Punto mk2 ELX 16v
    Brilliant! Thanks a bunch, makes sense now! Thanks for a quick response, Yhammerz.

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Your welcome buddy and happy new year to you :smile:

5. Yhammerz

Yhammerz Newbie

England
    Car:
    Punto mk2 ELX 16v
    You too! You may end up being my fiat knowledge bank for my future "modifications"! :)