fiat panda extreme tuning!

Aarbron

Car
no car yet
hello guys,wassup? i wanna buy a fiat panda and tune it so it can do 0-100 in 5".should i buy the 100hp and tune it or buy the 4x4 simple one and swap the engine with a bigger 4x4 engine? sorry im a noob.:embarrest: thank you for your time.peace.:D

Hello and Welcome to TorqueCars.:bigsmile:
Hope you enjoy your time with us.

What engine are you planning on using?

my favorite engine is integra's 200hp v-tec but i dont wanna buy that car cos i want a small one like panda.a friend of mine told me that its impossible to swap panda's engine with integra's.he told me that integra's engine can only fit in other hondas,like civic,crx,etc.also,i dont know if i should buy the 100hp panda and tune it,or buy the simple panda 4x4 and put a stronger 4x4 engine from another car.i have no idea what to do,xD. :confused:

Anything is possible with enough £££'s and knowledge. ;)

i dont care about money,as long as i can pay little by little(some cash every month,etc.).the problem is the knowledge.here in athens most of the tuners are worthless,thats why im asking you for information.so,any ideas about my problem? :(

Well for a start 0-100 kph isn't an easy task to achieve in a fwd car.
It's ok having all the power in the world under the bonnet but if you can't put it down to the road it's useless.
If i'm honest I think you'll struggle to achieve what your after in a Fiat Panda. My own opinion of course.

Last edited:
question:
how do we make panda do 0-100 in 5"?

options:
buy the 100hp version and tune it or swap engine with another FWD engine(integra if possible.).

buy the simple 4x4 version and tune it or swap engine with another 4WD engine(evo if possible.).

thats all.and im sorry to repeat things,its just that i have no idea about cars. ;p xD

Last edited:
If your determined to go for a Panda then go for the 100hp as it has all the chassis tweeks to make it extremely entertaining to drive, however instead of doing for a honda engine why not look at the 1.4 turbo engine (T Jet?) from the Grande Punto, in Arbarth Essesse spec this engine makes 180bhp, if you can shoe horn that into the little Panda's engine bay then you'll be close to your taget imo.

It'll be expensive though & you might find it would be cheaper to buy a 5 second car in the first place. :lol:

If your determined to go for a Panda then go for the 100hp as it has all the chassis tweeks to make it extremely entertaining to drive, however instead of doing for a honda engine why not look at the 1.4 turbo engine (T Jet?) from the Grande Punto, in Arbarth Essesse spec this engine makes 180bhp, if you can shoe horn that into the little Panda's engine bay then you'll be close to your taget imo.

It'll be expensive though & you might find it would be cheaper to buy a 5 second car in the first place. :lol:

i wish panda could take a v-tec engine. :( but since this cant be done,i want the most powerful engine from another car,but i dont know from which one. xD and i prefer to spend money on the panda rather than a ready 5" car.i just love panda's looks. :D

question:
how do we make panda do 0-100 in 5"?

options:
buy the 100hp version and tune it or swap engine with another FWD engine(integra if possible.).

buy the simple 4x4 version and tune it or swap engine with another 4WD engine(evo if possible.).

thats all.and im sorry to repeat things,its just that i have no idea about cars. ;p xD

I admire your ambition, I hope that your dream comes true ;)

You should be able to fit a 16valve turbo engine out of the fiat coupe in there, with a little bit of tuning you would be up to about 260bhp, that will get you to your 5 second 0 to 100

I saw a dvd with 2 pandas on that had been built by 2 brothers,they had V8s in them,must have took some doing,they went like the clappers!,wish i still knew the spec on them,just goes to show anythings possible!.

Of course, anything is possible, but many of these conversions are outright death traps. Achieving a 0 to 100kph in 5 seconds in a Panda is possible through the front wheels.

Doing it with a Coupe engine? No, far too heavy and you will have problems fitting it, turning it into a very expensive adventure.

Integra engine? No a very good solution either. Still to heavy.And you have as with Coupe engine to fit gearbox and adapt drive shafts.

Fiat T-Jet engine? A lot of points for it. It is a straight swap on the engine. Gearbox from T-Jets are fairly easily adapted for Panda. The T-Jet engine can be tuned safely 265lb ft and 260bhp before up-rating the internals. With the right internals the block is proven to take the beating of 360 horses.

to achieve your desired acceleration time you need to fit a LSD. My choice would be Gripper. However, the Gripper diffs are very unforgiving in terms of mistakes, but allow for the best handling.

Otherwise the chassis need re-working and balancing. Suspension improvements are also needed and last but not least the tires and brakes.

We are talking a lot of money here and you need to get a driving course for the car (and I am not joking!)

a friend of mine told me that there is no way to make the panda do 5",only 7,3 maximum. :( im starting to think about bying a civic sedan and put integra's engine in it.i think its more doable than panda. :/ topic closed i guess. xD thank you all dudes! :)

I'm sorry but I disagree, anything is possible it just depends on how much you want it to happen. By way of example my little 100R (a Rover 100 running a 152bhp, 1.8 VVC K series engine) is roughly the same size as a Panda & she can hit 60 in a fraction over 6 seconds. :D

a friend of mine told me that there is no way to make the panda do 5",only 7,3 maximum. :( im starting to think about bying a civic sedan and put integra's engine in it.i think its more doable than panda. :/ topic closed i guess. xD thank you all dudes! :)

I don't agree with your friend at all, I don't think it would be that hard to get to 5" with such a light car, I manage it with a big old estate without an lsd.

I don't agree with your friend at all, I don't think it would be that hard to get to 5" with such a light car, I manage it with a big old estate without an lsd.

yeah but how? i live in athens greece and i dont know any good tuning shops.by the way my friend told me that i should put a punto gt engine cos its more tunable than grande punto's.so,in a few words,is it possible to make panda do 5"? yes or no,i need a straight answer. xD :D

yeah but how? i live in athens greece and i dont know any good tuning shops.by the way my friend told me that i should put a punto gt engine cos its more tunable than grande punto's.so,in a few words,is it possible to make panda do 5"? yes or no,i need a straight answer. xD :D

The Punto GT engine is yesteryear's technology. The T-Jet engine has proven in endurance racing to churn out 360bhp in a 500 done by Romeo Ferraris.

Forget the advise of your friend. Just because he can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. I know I can do it and I know some other performance tuners who can do it too. I won't do a Panda for myself, but I am doing it with a Seicento.

The Punto GT engine is yesteryear's technology. The T-Jet engine has proven in endurance racing to churn out 360bhp in a 500 done by Romeo Ferraris.

Forget the advise of your friend. Just because he can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. I know I can do it and I know some other performance tuners who can do it too. I won't do a Panda for myself, but I am doing it with a Seicento.

Fancy starting a project thread for us?

Fancy starting a project thread for us?

I am tied up with some other projects right now, but will start in 6 to 8 weeks on the Seicento T-Jet project.

Unfortunately yesterday I was taken out by another car with one of the projects, resulting in a total write off. Need to find another shell now for T-Jet as T-Jet shell moves over to current project.

I am tied up with some other projects right now, but will start in 6 to 8 weeks on the Seicento T-Jet project.

Unfortunately yesterday I was taken out by another car with one of the projects, resulting in a total write off. Need to find another shell now for T-Jet as T-Jet shell moves over to current project.

That sucks mate, but as long as you're ok the Fiat can be replaced. I'll look forward to the project thread. :)